About Blyth Academy Online
Blyth Academy Online is an academically respected online private high school offering 60+ affordable online courses. Our comprehensive curriculum and engaging content, combined with our empathetic teaching and guidance staff ensure that our student success rate is unsurpassed; 95% of our online students succeed with Blyth Academy Online.
Students can complete their assignments, access their account, and produce work any time of day or night, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, every day of the year. You set your own work schedule.
By partnering Blyth Academy’s brick-and-mortar campuses and 39-year history of academic excellence with an online learning platform and exciting course development, we challenge the current definition of online learning in Ontario.
Information for Guidance Counsellors Blyth Academy BSID #668286.
Courses & Grades
With over 60 courses plus SAT preparation to choose from, Blyth Academy Online allows Grade 9 to 12 students the opportunity to take an extra credit at any time and from anywhere. All students have access to the very best faculty and courses, and to the guidance counsellors and facilities of any of our eleven Blyth Academy campuses across Ontario, providing the very highest level of support and success.
Blyth Academy Online courses run on Moodle, a popular and easy-to-use online learning platform. Each course is structured to be modular, with each lesson/topic/unit stating the approximate time commitment, learning goals, and curriculum expectations. These modules may include readings, assignments, multimedia, and engaging videos that the student completes at their own pace. While students are able to set their own work and assignment schedule, if you have not completed the course one year from registration you will need to request an extension so as not to be withdrawn from the course. Teachers will communicate with their students regarding progress, motivation, encouragement, empathy, care, and guidance.
University applicants: Blyth Academy Online will update OUAC with your midterm and final grades if you send your OUAC number to firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Choose Blyth Academy Online
- Blyth offers support at any of our nine schools in Ontario with access to both teachers, guidance and support staff at no extra cost.
- Our teachers are selected from amongst the very best who teach in our schools and on our popular international summer programs.
- Exams can be proctored at no cost at these schools saving students significant costs and time.
- Our included e-text books are immediately accessible and included in the cost of the course.
- Blyth is the largest bricks-and-mortar private school in Canada with over 4,000 students. Established in 1977, it is well known and respected by schools and universities alike with over 98% of its graduates entering the college or university of their choice.
- Full time online students have free access to our university guidance services as well as graduation ceremonies and certain extra curricular events. This is unique amongst e-schools.
- Students can move back and forth between our online program and our regular schools including our evening, weekend and summer school offerings. If you decide within the first week of the course that you’d prefer to take it ‘In School’ you can apply your payment to the cost of any of our courses.
- Our fees are very competitive and students who buy our bundles receive the exceptional value
Our courses are developed and taught by Blyth Academy teachers trained in the effective delivery of an exemplary online learning experience. Teachers use live chat, weekly office hours, email, and interactive multimedia for the duration of the course to monitor progress and maintain a close relationship with the student and parents.
Full Time, Part Time, Homeschooled, Exceptional Learners & IEP’s
Students may decide to take all of their courses at Blyth Academy, at which point we will become your home school. Many students will remain at their local school and take just one or two courses that may not be available in their school. Blyth Academy also accommodates students with exceptional needs who may or may not have an IEP. Our highly individuated approach to online learning has proved very effective in helping these students.
Local, National and International Students
Students who are registered with their local public, private or Catholic school many register at any time. Out of Province, International, homeschooled, university and mature students have also found Blyth Online Academy an excellent way to earn Ontario credits. Tuition fees remain the same for all students, regardless of their age, nationality or residence.