Elite Athletes at Blyth Academy Downsview Park
Full-time school at Blyth Academy with flexible school day / term scheduling for out-of-school Training
Full-time students at Blyth Academy Downsview Park may take part in several athletic skills training programs while benefitting from our flexible school schedules, meeting both their academic and athletic needs. Whether they are looking to study and train in school or simply looking to complete high school, Blyth Academy Downsview Park can accommodate your athletic schedule.
We have developed two programs that integrate advanced sports training with academic study.
Program 1: Full-time school at Blyth Academy with flexible school day / term scheduling for out-of-school Training
This program recognizes that students pursuing a goal in professional sports have specific training and schedule requirements that require flexibility. Small classroom settings, flexible schedules, and exceptional teachers ensure that all students receive the personalized attention and support they need to succeed academically.
Blyth Academy will work around your training schedule, no matter the sport. We can accommodate students needing flexibility at Blyth Academy Downsview Park.
To speak to someone about how flexible academic scheduling can take your sports training to the next level, email email@example.com or call 416-631-0123 to reach Principal, Adam Hurley.
Program 2: Full-time school at Blyth Academy combined with Elite Athletic Training
This program recognizes that students pursuing a goal in professional sports have specific training and schedule requirements that require flexibility. Small classroom settings, flexible schedules, and exceptional teachers ensure that all students receive the personalized attention and support they need to succeed academically. Professional and certified coaches provide high-level competitive training in fully equipped facilities, which help to ensure success in athletic endeavours.
Blyth Academy Advanced Sports Training Program
An objective of the Blyth Academy Advanced Sports Training Program is to provide a first class education that meets the diverse needs of our students, including student athletes whose focus is academics but who want to participate in a sports program that allows them to train with professional coaches and improve their skills as part of their academic programming.
As in all Blyth Academy programming it is centred on giving our students the opportunity for experiential learning that is geared toward their individual interests
The benefit of participating in the Advanced Sports Training Program is that it allows the students the time to focus on their academics and balance the time spent between home, school and community.
Athletic Delivery Model
- Students participate in Sport specific training 4 days a week, as well as participate in fitness and dry land training
- Students receive assessment and evaluations to track their progress
- Professional instruction by experienced trainers and coaches.
- Every athlete receives consultation about the NCAA and its student athlete process.
- Four term approach
- Enriched curriculum
- Inspired teachers
- Strong guidance support
- Every student has a front row seat!
- Teachers have more time to monitor each student’s performance and provide specific feedback and coaching
- Accommodations of individual learning styles is our best practice
- Individual recognition leads to increased self esteem
Students Engaged in Learning
- Experiential curriculum invokes a high level of interest
- Interdisciplinary learning becomes a reality
- Enables a high level of interaction among peers
- Life skills are intrinsically connected to day to day learning
Strong Guidance Support
- Close and regular contact with Guidance heads
- Course Selection: Based on individual aspirations and potential
- Ongoing support: Regular workshops on study skills, exam preparation, career days
- University Selection: Evaluation and short listing, application preparation, scholarship solicitation, volunteer opportunities and ongoing mentoring
Downsview Park Hockey
For more information about the hockey school program Blyth Academy Downsview Park offers, please click the link below.