Academics for Athletes
Full-time school at Blyth Academy with flexible school day / term scheduling for out-of-school Training
Full-time students at Blyth Academy London may take part in several athletic skills training programs while benefitting from our flexible school schedules, meeting both their academic and athletic needs. Whether they are looking to study and train in school or simply looking to complete high school, Blyth Academy London can accommodate your athletic schedule.
We have developed two programs that integrate advanced sports training with academic study.
Program 1: Full-time school at Blyth Academy with flexible school day / term scheduling for out-of-school Training
This program recognizes that students pursuing a goal in professional sports have specific training and schedule requirements that require flexibility. Small classroom settings, flexible schedules, and exceptional teachers ensure that all students receive the personalized attention and support they need to succeed academically.
Blyth Academy will work around your training schedule, no matter the sport. We can accommodate students needing flexibility at Blyth Academy London.
Program 2: Full-time school at Blyth Academy combined with Elite Athletic Training
This program recognizes that students pursuing a goal in professional sports have specific training and schedule requirements that require flexibility. Small classroom settings, flexible schedules, and exceptional teachers ensure that all students receive the personalized attention and support they need to succeed academically. Professional and certified coaches provide high-level competitive training in fully equipped facilities, which help to ensure success in athletic endeavours.
Blyth Academy Advanced Sports Training Program
An objective of the Blyth Academy Advanced Sports Training Program is to provide a first class education that meets the diverse needs of our students, including student athletes whose focus is academics but who want to participate in a sports program that allows them to train with professional coaches and improve their skills as part of their academic programming.
As in all Blyth Academy programming it is centred on giving our students the opportunity for experiential learning that is geared toward their individual interests
The benefit of participating in the Advanced Sports Training Program is that it allows the students the time to focus on their academics and balance the time spent between home, school and community.
Athletic Delivery Model
- Students participate in Sport specific training 5 days a week, as well as participate in fitness and dry land training
- Students receive assessment and evaluations to track their progress
- Professional instruction by experienced trainers and coaches.
- Twist Sport Conditioning training program is delivered every school day. The Twist Sport Conditioning program is one that is focused on training the Secondary fitness characteristics such as Strength, Speed, Agility, Balance etc. which are ultimately the deciding factors to an athlete’s increased performance.
- Students have flexibility to train privately, semi-privately or in small groups, full-year or per term also available.
- Every athlete receives consultation about the NCAA and its student athlete process.
- Four term approach
- Enriched curriculum
- Inspired teachers
- Strong guidance support
- Every student has a front row seat!
- Teachers have more time to monitor each student’s performance and provide specific feedback and coaching
- Accommodations of individual learning styles is our best practice
- Individual recognition leads to increased self esteem
Students Engaged in Learning
- Experiential curriculum invokes a high level of interest
- Interdisciplinary learning becomes a reality
- Enables a high level of interaction among peers
- Life skills are intrinsically connected to day to day learning
Strong Guidance Support
- Close and regular contact with Guidance heads
- Course Selection: Based on individual aspirations and potential
- Ongoing support: Regular workshops on study skills, exam preparation, career days
- University Selection: Evaluation and short listing, application preparation, scholarship solicitation, volunteer opportunities and ongoing mentoring
London Knights Hockey Program
Seven hours per week of combined on-ice hockey training at Western Fair Arena in London with Total Package Hockey.
Total Package Hockey (TPH) is a professional hockey development group that works with hockey players of all ages, skill level and ability. From first time skaters to NHL players TPH offers programs that suit all players’ needs. TPH has established itself as an elite outfit with professional staff, innovative curriculum and modernized teaching techniques to assist players in their development in their pursuit of achieving their goals in hockey.
Total Package Hockey was founded in 2001 and began its operations in London Ontario in 2004. From 2004 to present TPH has grown from a small hockey development program into a year round on and off-ice hockey group. With the acquisition of the TPH Training Centre in 2010, TPH expanded its development programs from simply on-ice to now being able to offer Skating Treadmill sessions, Shooting and Stick Handling sessions, Off-ice Training Programs, Team Training Programs, Speed and Agility Programs and much more.
At TPH Training Centre, our experienced and educated staff offer a complete off-ice training system that combines conditioning, skating, puck skills, strength development and much more that allows players to work all aspects of their game. Whether players are playing minor hockey or professionally, TPH Training Centre takes in to account their age, skill level and athletic development when creating programs. If a small group or team is looking for a specific program, TPH Training Centre can suit their needs as well.
TPH Training Centre is London’s only state of the art hockey specific conditioning facility that offers unique programming for athletes of all levels. Our facility offers team training, small group training, personalized programs, our staff can address any needs you, your team or your group want to improve.
TPH Training Centre is located below the bowl of the Olympic rink at the Western Fair Sports Centre.
In 2013 TPH partnered with Blyth Academy London. Blyth Academy London is an elite private school for grade 6-12 students. All student athletes participate in daily workouts and hockey skill sessions with TPH at the TPH Training Centre. After training, elementary students attend class at Blyth Academy – Western Fair with Blyth Academy teachers, while high school students attend class at Blyth Academy – The Mount.
Please be advised that Blyth Academy is not responsible for athletic programing and service delivery by our partners. All issues, inquiries and disputes must be addressed with the athletic provider directly.