Mississauga Hockey School – Blyth Academy Mississauga
As in all Blyth Academy Mississauga programs, our hockey and ice sports training is centred on giving our students the opportunity for experiential learning that is geared toward their individual interests.
Blyth Academy is dedicated to excellence and to the development of self-confident individuals of exemplary character and skill. Our student athletes are prepared through experience and training in the sports that they love.
The benefits of participating in the hockey training program during the school day is that it allows the students the time to focus on their academics and balance the time spent between home, school, and community.
Our aim is to create a challenging and supportive learning environment where instructors, coaches and students work together with the goal of achieving academic and athletic excellence. Our coaches nurture students’ individual athletic talents, help them understand the complexities of the sport, and teach them to commit to dedicated training in order to excel.
Hockey Programs are available at Blyth@CIHA and our Burlington, Downsview Park and London campuses.
Blyth Academy Advanced Sports Training Program
An objective of the Blyth Academy Advanced Sports Training Program is to provide a first class education that meets the diverse needs of our students, including student athletes whose focus is academics but who want to participate in a sports program that allows them to train with professional coaches and improve their skills as part of their academic programming.
As in all Blyth Academy programming it is centred on giving our students the opportunity for experiential learning that is geared toward their individual interests
The benefit of participating in the Advanced Sports Training Program is that it allows the students the time to focus on their academics and balance the time spent between home, school and community.
Athletic Delivery Model
- Students participate in Sport specific training 4 days a week, as well as participate in fitness and dry land training
- Students receive assessment and evaluations to track their progress
- Professional instruction by experienced trainers and coaches.
- Every athlete receives consultation about the NCAA and its student athlete process.
- Four term approach
- Enriched curriculum
- Inspired teachers
- Strong guidance support
- Every student has a front row seat!
- Teachers have more time to monitor each student’s performance and provide specific feedback and coaching
- Accommodations of individual learning styles is our best practice
- Individual recognition leads to increased self esteem
Students Engaged in Learning
- Experiential curriculum invokes a high level of interest
- Interdisciplinary learning becomes a reality
- Enables a high level of interaction among peers
- Life skills are intrinsically connected to day to day learning
Strong Guidance Support
- Close and regular contact with Guidance heads
- Course Selection: Based on individual aspirations and potential
- Ongoing support: Regular workshops on study skills, exam preparation, career days
- University Selection: Evaluation and short listing, application preparation, scholarship solicitation, volunteer opportunities and ongoing mentoring