Step 1: Contact Blyth Academy
Step 2: Prepare Your Application
In addition to your completed application form, you will need to submit the following documents:
- Copy of your Passport
- All available high school transcripts, including English translation
- Letter of Recommendation from your current school
Step 3: Submit Your Application
- Submit your application package with the required documents along with your registration fee of $250.
- If you applied online, you can send your documents in a separate email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note the admissions team will not evaluate your application until we have received your registration fee and the required documents.
Step 4: After Acceptance
Confirm Your Spot and Pay Tuition
Your journey begins once you have received your letter of acceptance from Blyth. You must accept the offer and pay the deposit by the deadline stated in your letter of acceptance. Unfortunately, if your deposit is not paid, you run the risk of losing your spot in the program.
Apply for Canada Immigration Documents
A Study Permit is required if studying in Canada for longer than six months. You should apply for your study permit as soon as you receive your acceptance letter. The process can take 2 weeks to 4 months depending on your country of origin.
Students under the age of 18 are considered minors in Ontario and require a custodian. Citizenship and Immigration Canada requires that all persons under the age of 18 applying for a study permit have a Custodian living in the local community in Canada.
In the event that you do not have a custodian, Blyth Academy will refer you to our partner International Student Guardianship Canada Inc. for assistance.
Some students prefer to stay with their family or friends, however if this does not apply to you, you have these housing options available:
Living with a family is a great way for some international students to improve their language skills and learn about Canadian culture. In a homestay you will live with a family and receive meals as part of the program price. If you are interested in this option you should apply directly to our homestay service provider by clicking here: http://www.canadahomestayinternational.com/blyth.shtml
Confirm Arrival Information
You must send your flight information to the admissions office at least 2 weeks prior to your arrival in Canada. If you have requested an airport pick up, it is your responsibility to ensure we receive your flight details at least 5 business days in advance in order to organize the airport pick up.
Find your Immunization Records
All students attending primary or secondary school in Ontario must have proof of immunization against the following diseases:
- Meningococcal Disease – NEW requirement for 2014/15 school year
- Pertussis (whooping cough) – NEW requirement for 2014/15 school year
- Varicella (chickenpox) – NEW requirement for 2014/15 school year, for children born in 2010 or later
View the School Immunization Checklist. If you do not have a record of vaccinations you can request a basic form from the admissions office by emailing email@example.com.
Buy Medical Insurance
All international students must have valid medical insurance coverage for the duration of their studies at Blyth Academy. If you wish to purchase your own medical insurance please ensure you send the admissions team a copy of your policy coverage before you arrive to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not have your own medical insurance, you can purchase the medical insurance coverage offered through Blyth’s medical insurance providers. Click here to learn more: https://www.guard.me/blyth
Step 5: Upon Arrival
Clear Customs and Immigration
You can bring a reasonable amount of clothing, books and other personal items when coming to Canada. If you are unsure about Canada Customs regulations, please click here to learn more.
When you arrive in Canada you should be ready to present the following documents
- Your original letter of acceptance to Blyth Academy
- A valid passport
- Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) if required
- The letter of introduction given to you by the Canadian Embassy, High Commission or Consulate
- Document showing financial support
- Any other documents recommended by the visa office where you applied
- Visit Your Campus
Once you arrive in Canada, the best thing to do is to visit your school campus and book an appointment with the Campus Administrator to ensure everything is in order before you start your classes. You will need to provide a copy of your study permit before classes begin.
Attend the International Student Orientation
A formal international student orientation is held each year for all international students attending Blyth Academy. It may be held at one central location for all students or it may be offered at the campus you are attending. We strongly recommend you attend the orientation as it answers many questions that students may have before classes start.