AWQ3M Visual Arts: Photography – Grade 11 (University/College)
PREREQUISITE: Visual Arts, Grade 9 or 10, Open
GRADE: 11 (University/College)
AVAILABILITY: Full-time – All Campuses, Private – All campuses, Blyth Academy Online
THE ONTARIO CURRICULUM: The Arts
AWQ3M online enables students to further develop their knowledge and skills in visual arts. Students will use the creative process to explore a wide range of themes through studio work that may include drawing, painting, sculpting, and printmaking, as well as the creation of collage, multimedia works, and works using emerging technologies. Students will use the critical analysis process when evaluating their own work and the work of others. The course may be delivered as a comprehensive program or through a program focused on a particular art form (e.g., photography, video, computer graphics, information design). AWQ3M online will focus on photography.
UNIT ONECamera Basics & Camera Controls
- In this unit, students will look up cameras and learn about them. If the student already has a camera they will be using, they will research that camera and find out what it can do. Chances are that students may not know what every setting is for on their camera and what it does. This is a good opportunity to find out. Get out the owner’s manual, look it over, compare the camera with other cameras out there. Point and Shoot cameras are updated almost twice a year, so it doesn’t take long for them to add new features to the camera purchased.
UNIT TWOCamera Techniques
- In this unit, students will explore different camera techniques. Students will learn about autofocus, exposure, aperture and blur movement. Students will practice taking action shots.
UNIT THREEPhotography as an Art
- In this unit, students will explore the Art of Photography and discover how their creations are an outward projection of their inner state of being. Students will learn how to critique art, take panorama shots, and how to edit photos with photoshop. Explore, Experiment and Enjoy!
UNIT FOURPhotographic Techniques
- In this unit, students will be presented with some very useful photography techniques and photo tutorials which will help them to experiment and capture optimal photographs to build their creative skill sets that may be applied in a broad variety creative fields.
UNIT FIVEPhotographic Styles of Interest
- In this unit, students will get the chance to study five different photography styles. Their task will be to pick two of the five styles provided to explore, experiment and photograph them.
- This project is the final evaluation of AWQ3M online. Students’ work in this assignment will showcase all of what they have learned in this course. This project is worth 30% of the final grade.