BBB4M International Business Fundamentals – Grade 12 (University/College)
GRADE: 12 (University/College)
AVAILABILITY: Full-Time – All campuses, Private – All campuses, International Summers Programs, Blyth Academy Online
THE ONTARIO CURRICULUM: Business Studies
BBB4M online provides an overview of the importance of international business and trade in the global economy and explores the factors that influence success in international markets. Students will learn about the techniques and strategies associated with marketing, distribution, and managing international business effectively. BBB4M online prepares students for postsecondary programs in business, including international business, marketing, and management.
UNIT ONEBusiness, Trade and the Economy
- In this unit, students will explore how people and businesses in Canada are impacted by international business and how nations are interdependent in trade and economy. Students will examine the evolution of global trade and the history of trade within Canada. Students will also analyze the barriers to trade and examine Canada’s many different trading partners from around the world.
UNIT TWOThe Global Environment for Business
- In this unit, students will examine the ways in which Canadian businesses have been impacted by globalization. Students will examine and analyze the factors which influence a country’s ability to participate in international business. Advantages of doing business in Canada will be examined. Case studies of domestic and multinational companies will help students see the strengths and challenges of each.
UNIT THREEFactors Influencing Success in International Markets
- In this unit, students will look at the cultural factors that influence international markets and assess how political, economic and geographic factors play a role in international business methods and operations. An understanding of product modifications and standardization will be developed as well.
UNIT FOURMarketing Challenges, Approaches, and Distribution
- In this unit, students will explore marketing challenges facing international businesses. Students focus on the examination of marketing approaches including describing the adaptations that have been made to the marketing mix of a product in order to market it internationally; describing the legal, cultural, and economic factors that must be addressed to market a product internationally.
UNIT FIVEWorking in International Markets
- In this unit, students will use case study examples to determine the types of market research necessary to prepare businesses for entering foreign markets. Students will also be introduced to the concepts of distribution and logistics. Lastly, the unit will address ethical challenges by describing the ways in which multinational companies have both positive and negative effects on the countries in which they operate.
FINAL EXAMProctored Exam
- This exam is the final evaluation of BBB4M online. Students need to arrange their final exam 10 days in advance. All coursework should be completed and submitted before writing the final exam, please be advised that once the exam is written, any outstanding coursework will be given a grade of zero. The exam will be two hours. There are two options for taking the exam:
- WRITE EXAM AT BLYTH ACADEMY CAMPUS: If you live close to a Blyth Academy Campus, or if you attend a Blyth Academy Campus, you can take your exam there. Once inside the exam scheduling interface, please click Login/Create Account. Check for an available time and date at the campus of your choosing. The earliest available date will be open within the next 3-5 business days. You cannot book an exam in more than one campus or multiple times at the same campus. You will receive an automatic confirmation email with next steps and exam information. You can cancel and reschedule anytime using the same link.
- USE EXAMITY PROCTORING SERVICE: For a fee of 22 USD*, students can arrange to take their exam in the comfort of their own home, at any time, on any day. Please select Examity Exam in the exam section of your course to set up your Examity profile and schedule your exam. Exams must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance. *Price is subject to change.
- Please email email@example.com if you need assistance.