BBI1O/BBI2O Introduction to Business – Grade 9/10 (Open)
GRADE: 9/10 (Open)
AVAILABILITY: Full-time – All Campuses, Private – All campuses, Blyth Academy Online
THE ONTARIO CURRICULUM: Business Studies
BBI1O/BBI2O online introduces students to the world of business. Students will develop an understanding of the functions of business, including accounting, marketing, information and communication technology, human resources, and production, and of the importance of ethics and social responsibility. BBI1O/BBI2O online builds a foundation for further studies in business and helps students to develop the business knowledge and skills they will need in their everyday lives.
UNIT ONEBusiness Fundamentals
- In this unit, students will be introduced to many terms and topics that are the underlying principles behind businesses which will assist in learning for the rest of the course.
Unit TwoFunctions of Business
- In this unit, students will learn about the main activities that get their products and services out to the consumer.
- In this unit, students will discover the characteristics and attributes of an Entrepreneur and what makes Entrepreneurs successful. They will have a chance to learn how to design a business and begin to work on their culminating project through the planning of a small business that interests them. Students will explore the inventions and innovations that have shaped the global economy.
- In this unit, students will learn about personal finance and money management as well as the basic tools businesses use to record transactions.
- This project is one of the final evaluations for BBI1O/BBI2O online. This project will be worth 15% of the final grade.
Final ExamProctored Exam
- This exam is the final evaluation of BBI1O/BBI2O online. Students need to arrange their final exam 10 days in advance. All coursework should be completed and submitted before writing the final exam, please be advised that once the exam is written, any outstanding coursework will be given a grade of zero. The exam will be two hours.
- Please consult our Frequently Asked Questions Page or the Exam section within your course for details on exam proctoring options.