BBI1O/BBI2O Introduction to Business – Grade 9/10 (Open)
GRADE: 9/10 (Open)
AVAILABILITY: Full-time – All Campuses, Private – All campuses, Blyth Academy Online
THE ONTARIO CURRICULUM: Business Studies
BBI1O/BBI2O online introduces students to the world of business. Students will develop an understanding of the functions of business, including accounting, marketing, information and communication technology, human resources, and production, and of the importance of ethics and social responsibility. BBI1O/BBI2O online builds a foundation for further studies in business and helps students to develop the business knowledge and skills they will need in their everyday lives.
UNIT ONEBusiness Fundamentals
- In this unit, students will be introduced to many terms and topics that are the underlying principles behind businesses which will assist in learning for the rest of the course.
Unit TwoFunctions of Business
- In this unit, students will learn about the main activities that get their products and services out to the consumer.
- In this unit, students will discover the characteristics and attributes of an Entrepreneur and what makes Entrepreneurs successful. They will have a chance to learn how to design a business and begin to work on their culminating project through the planning of a small business that interests them. Students will explore the inventions and innovations that have shaped the global economy.
- In this unit, students will learn about personal finance and money management as well as the basic tools businesses use to record transactions.
- This project is one of the final evaluations for BBI1O/BBI2O online. This project will be worth 15% of the final grade.
Final ExamProctored Exam
- This exam is the final evaluation of BBI1O/BBI2O online. Students need to arrange their final exam 10 days in advance. All coursework should be completed and submitted before writing the final exam, please be advised that once the exam is written, any outstanding coursework will be given a grade of zero. The exam will be two hours. There are three options for taking the exam:
- WRITE EXAM AT BLYTH ACADEMY CAMPUS: If you live close to a Blyth Academy Campus, or if you attend a Blyth Academy Campus, you can take your exam there. Once inside the exam scheduling interface, please click Login/Create Account. Check for an available time and date at the campus of your choosing. The earliest available date will be open within the next 3-5 business days. You cannot book an exam in more than one campus or multiple times at the same campus. You will receive an automatic confirmation email with next steps and exam information. You can cancel and reschedule anytime using the same link.
- ARRANGE YOUR OWN PROCTOR: If you want to arrange a proctor yourself, you can do that. The proctor will need to be approved by us and will need to supervise the exam at his or her place of work, or at a public place such as a library. Some libraries and study centres offer this service themselves. The proctor must be approved by us and must be a working professional (eg teacher, doctor, businessperson, and must provide a work email address for correspondence (no Gmail, Hotmail, etc.). Please note that the final exam cannot be proctored by a family member or by a tutor for that specific subject. Once inside the exam scheduling interface, please click Login/Create Account. Select Arranging My Own Proctor and proceed to schedule your exam.
- USE EXAMITY PROCTORING SERVICE: For a fee of 22 USD*, students can arrange to take their exam in the comfort of their own home, at any time, on any day. Please select Examity Exam in the exam section of your course to set up your Examity profile and schedule your exam. Exams must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance. *Price is subject to change.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.