BMI3C Marketing: Goods, Services and Events – Grade 11 (College)
GRADE: 11 (College)
AVAILABILITY: Full-time – All Campuses, Private – All campuses, Blyth Academy Online
THE ONTARIO CURRICULUM: Business Studies
BMI3C online introduces the fundamental concepts of product marketing, which includes the marketing of goods, involvements, and events. Students will examine how trends, issues, global economic changes, and information technology influence consumer buying habits. In BMI3C online, students will engage in marketing research, develop marketing strategies, and produce a marketing plan for a product of their choice.
UNIT ONEIntroduction to Marketing
- In this unit, students will look at the consumer, how their needs and demands change, the Product Life Cycle, Non-traditional Product Life Cycles, The Consumer Market and Consumer Motivation. Also, students will look at the second C (competition) and what sets companies apart.
UNIT TWOThe Marketing Mix
- In this unit, students will be looking at the 4 parts of the Marketing Mix. Under Product, students will be looking at the difference between an invention and an innovation and the stages of product development. Under Promotion, students will be looking at branding a product and packaging. Under Price, students will be looking at how marketers set the price, price policies and strategies and how prices are set for international markets. Under Place, students will be examining distribution, logistics and inventory and supply chain management.
UNIT THREEMarket Research
- In this unit, students will learn about Marketing Research and when it is needed. Students will explore customer service surveys and how to create them.
UNIT FOURTarget Marketing
- In this unit, students will be examining advertising. Students will look at social media, why advertising is important, advertising appeals and advertising strategies.
UNIT FIVETrends in Marketing
- In this unit, students will be looking at careers and marketing trends. Students will also be looking at strategies/trends when selling internationally.
FINAL EXAMProctored Exam
- This exam is the final evaluation of BMI3C online. Students need to arrange their final exam 10 days in advance. All coursework should be completed and submitted before writing the final exam, please be advised that once the exam is written, any outstanding coursework will be given a grade of zero. The exam will be two hours. There are two options for taking the exam:
- WRITE EXAM AT BLYTH ACADEMY CAMPUS: If you live close to a Blyth Academy Campus, or if you attend a Blyth Academy Campus, you can take your exam there. Once inside the exam scheduling interface, please click Login/Create Account. Check for an available time and date at the campus of your choosing. The earliest available date will be open within the next 3-5 business days. You cannot book an exam in more than one campus or multiple times at the same campus. You will receive an automatic confirmation email with next steps and exam information. You can cancel and reschedule anytime using the same link.
- USE EXAMITY PROCTORING SERVICE: For a fee of 22 USD*, students can arrange to take their exam in the comfort of their own home, at any time, on any day. Please select Examity Exam in the exam section of your course to set up your Examity profile and schedule your exam. Exams must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance. *Price is subject to change.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.