BOH4M Business Leadership: Management Fundamentals – Grade 12 (University/College)
GRADE: 12 (University/College)
AVAILABILITY: Full-time – All Campuses, Private – All campuses, Blyth Academy Online
THE ONTARIO CURRICULUM: Business Studies
BOH4M online focuses on the development of leadership skills used in managing a successful business. Students will analyze the role of a leader in business, with a focus on decision making, management of group dynamics, workplace stress and conflict, the motivation of employees, and planning. In BOH4M online, effective business communication skills, ethics, and social responsibility are also emphasized.
UNIT ONEFoundations of Management
- In this unit, students will assess the role of management within an organization and learn to demonstrate the use of appropriate communication techniques related to business management. Students will evaluate the impact of issues related to ethics and social responsibility on the management of organizations.
- In this unit, students will apply an understanding of human behaviour to explain how individuals and groups function in the workplace. Students will gain an understanding of group dynamics and of proper leadership techniques in a variety of situations.
UNIT THREEManagement Challenges
- In this unit, students will gain an understanding of the communication process within the workplace and evaluate the strategies used by individuals and organizations to manage stress and conflict. Students will compare theories of how to motivate individuals and teams in a productive work environment.
UNIT FOURPlanning and Controlling
- In this unit, students will analyze the importance of planning to the success of an organization and gain an understanding of appropriate planning tools and planning techniques in a variety of situations. Students will analyze the relationship between strategic planning and the success of an organization as well as how companies respond to internal and external pressures for change. Students will also assess the importance of control in management.
- In this unit, students will gain an understanding of the various organizational structures used to manage the workforce effectively. Students will assess the ways in which organizational structures have changed to adapt to the changing nature of work and evaluate the role of human resources within an organization.
- This project is one of the final evaluations of BOH4M online. This project will be worth 10% of the final grade.
FINAL EXAMProctored Exam
- This exam is the final evaluation of BOH4M online. Students need to arrange their final exam 10 days in advance. All coursework should be completed and submitted before writing the final exam, please be advised that once the exam is written, any outstanding coursework will be given a grade of zero. The exam will be two hours. There are two options for taking the exam:
- WRITE EXAM AT BLYTH ACADEMY CAMPUS: If you live close to a Blyth Academy Campus, or if you attend a Blyth Academy Campus, you can take your exam there. Once inside the exam scheduling interface, please click Login/Create Account. Check for an available time and date at the campus of your choosing. The earliest available date will be open within the next 3-5 business days. You cannot book an exam in more than one campus or multiple times at the same campus. You will receive an automatic confirmation email with next steps and exam information. You can cancel and reschedule anytime using the same link.
- USE EXAMITY PROCTORING SERVICE: For a fee of 22 USD*, students can arrange to take their exam in the comfort of their own home, at any time, on any day. Please select Examity Exam in the exam section of your course to set up your Examity profile and schedule your exam. Exams must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance. *Price is subject to change.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.