BTT1O/BTT2O Information & Communication Technology in Business – Grade 9/10 (Open)
GRADE: 9/10 (Open)
AVAILABILITY: Blyth Academy Online
THE ONTARIO CURRICULUM: Business Studies
BTT1O/BTT2O online introduces students to information and communication technology in a business environment and builds a foundation of digital literacy skills necessary for success in a technologically driven society. Students will develop word processing, spreadsheet, database, desktop publishing, presentation software, and website design skills. Throughout BTT1O/BTT2O, there is an emphasis on digital literacy, effective electronic research and communication skills, and current issues related to the impact of information and communication technology.
- In this unit, students will explore some of the defining features of Information and Communications Technology (ICT), as well as hardware and software components. Students will be introduced to digital literacy, which emphasizes safe and smart ICT usage.
UNIT TWOTechnology for Productivity
- In this unit, students will use a hands-on approach to applying technology for productivity. Word processing will be applied utilizing various software programs. Spreadsheets and data management will be utilized exploring effective functionality and display, as well as data methods. Programming logic will also be approached using various commands, algorithms and programming languages.
UNIT THREETechnology for Presentation
- In this unit, students will explore the use of technology for presentation. Presentation and web design elements will be examined and students will have the opportunity to create websites and presentations using a variety of software options. Data graphics and infographics will be identified and their best uses applied as students create their own graphic design.
UNIT FOURTechnology for Communication
- In this unit, students will identify email etiquette and best practices, as well as virtual meetings and collaboration tools that can help in facilitating communication. Communication is an integral component of any business or organization. Technology has led to the ability to work remotely and away from your business team and clients. As a result, there is an increased need for communication tools.
UNIT FIVETrends in Business Technology
- In this unit, students will briefly go over some of the major trends in business technology. Students will review social media, big data, and apps and smart devices and their applications through a variety of case studies. As students have seen in the course, technology is advancing at an alarming rate and is firmly ingrained in business processes.
- This project is one of the final evaluation for BTT1O/BTT2O online. This project will be worth a total of 15% of the final grade.
FINAL EXAMProctored Exam
- This exam is the final evaluation of BTT1O/BTT2O online. Students need to arrange their final exam 10 days in advance. All coursework should be completed and submitted before writing the final exam, please be advised that once the exam is written, any outstanding coursework will be given a grade of zero. The exam will be two hours.
- Please consult our Frequently Asked Questions Page or the Exam section within your course for details on exam proctoring options.