CGG3O Travel and Tourism: A Geographic Perspective – Grade 11 (Open)
PREREQUISITE: Issues in Canadian Geography, Grade 9, Academic or Applied
GRADE: 11 (Open)
AVAILABILITY: Full-time – All Campuses, Private – All campuses, Blyth Academy Online
THE ONTARIO CURRICULUM: Canadian and World Studies
CGG3O online focuses on issues related to travel and tourism within and between various regions of the world. Students will investigate unique environmental, sociocultural, economic, and political characteristics of selected world regions. They will explore travel patterns and trends as well as tensions related to tourism and will predict future tourism destinations. In CGG3O online, students will apply the concepts of geographic thinking and the geographic inquiry process, including spatial technologies, to investigate the impact of the travel industry on natural environments and human communities.
UNIT ONEThe Dynamics of Travel
- In this unit, students will explore the most popular tourist destinations. They will look at different methods of travel and accommodation as well as tourism trends and the different types of tourism.
UNIT TWOCaribbean (Climate Travel)
- In this unit, students will take a look at the Caribbean. They will learn about the role of climate in travel by examining the region’s unique climate patterns. Students will also study the physical landforms of the Caribbean, as well as its varied culture, and key travel destinations throughout the region.
UNIT THREECentral and South America (Eco-Tourism)
- In this unit, students will discover Central and South America. Students will explore the unique and varied travel experiences and identify the varying climate zones. Students will discover a variety of landscapes and unique ecosystems and examine the impact of eco-tourism. They will also explore some of the cultural expressions of the region.
UNIT FOUREurope (Cultural Destinations)
- In this unit, students will experience a European adventure. Students will discover a variety of travel experiences, the distinct climate zones and regional characteristics. They will also examine a variety of cultural experiences and various methods of European travel and accommodations.
UNIT FIVEAfrica (Wildlife Tourism)
- In this unit, students will learn about African travels, they will examine influential climate patterns and how climate impacts vegetation zones. Students will also look at how climate and vegetation create unique wildlife habitat as well as the distinct physical landforms and the implications of Wildlife tourism.
- In this unit, students will discover Asia, they will explore ancient civilization and cultural remnants. Students will look at the 4 distinct regions of Asia, regional tourism opportunities and a variety of physical landscapes.
UNIT SEVENAustralia & New Zealand
- In this unit, students will explore Australia and New Zealand. They will examine very distinct climate and vegetation zones. Students will look at various cultural cities of entertainment and snorkelling at the Great Barrier Reef. Students will also look at the relationships between Native populations, tourism, and government.
FINAL EXAMProctored Exam
- This exam is the final evaluation of CGG3O online. Students need to arrange their final exam 10 days in advance. All coursework should be completed and submitted before writing the final exam, please be advised that once the exam is written, any outstanding coursework will be given a grade of zero. The exam will be two hours. There are two options for taking the exam:
- WRITE EXAM AT BLYTH ACADEMY CAMPUS: If you live close to a Blyth Academy Campus, or if you attend a Blyth Academy Campus, you can take your exam there. Once inside the exam scheduling interface, please click Login/Create Account. Check for an available time and date at the campus of your choosing. The earliest available date will be open within the next 3-5 business days. You cannot book an exam in more than one campus or multiple times at the same campus. You will receive an automatic confirmation email with next steps and exam information. You can cancel and reschedule anytime using the same link.
- USE EXAMITY PROCTORING SERVICE: For a fee of 22 USD*, students can arrange to take their exam in the comfort of their own home, at any time, on any day. Please select Examity Exam in the exam section of your course to set up your Examity profile and schedule your exam. Exams must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance. *Price is subject to change.
- Please email email@example.com if you need assistance.