CHI4U Canada: History, Identity and Culture – Grade 12 (University)
PREREQUISITE: Any university or university/college preparation course in Canadian and world studies, English, or social sciences and humanities
GRADE: 12 (University)
AVAILABILITY: Full-time – All Campuses, Private – All campuses, Blyth Academy Online
THE ONTARIO CURRICULUM: Canadian and World Studies
CHI4U online traces the history of Canada, with a focus on the evolution of our national identity and culture as well as the identity and culture of various groups that make up Canada. Students will explore various developments and events, both national and international, from pre-contact to the present, and will examine various communities in Canada and how they have contributed to identity and heritage in Canada. Students will investigate the development of culture and identity, including national identity, in Canada and how and why they have changed throughout the country’s history. In CHI4U online, students will extend their ability to apply the concepts of historical thinking and the historical inquiry process, including the interpretation and analysis of evidence, as they investigate the people, events, and forces that have shaped Canada.
UNIT ONECanada, Origins to 1776
- In this unit, students will explore the history of Canada from before the European contact through to the outbreak of the American Revolution, looking at how events, issues, and individuals have helped to shape our history and identity.
UNIT TWOCanada, 1776 to 1867
- In this unit, students will explore the history of Canada from the American Revolution through to our own Confederation, looking at how events, issues, and individuals have helped to shape our history and identity.
UNIT THREECanada, 1867 to 1945
- In this unit, students will explore the history of Canada from Confederation in 1867 through to the end of World War II, looking at how events, issues, and individuals have helped to shape our history and identity.
UNIT FOURCanada, Since 1945
- In this unit, students will explore the history of Canada from the end of World War II through to the modern period, looking at how events, issues, and individuals have helped to shape our history and identity.
FINAL EXAMProctored Exam
- This exam is the final evaluation of CHI4U online. Students need to arrange their final exam 10 days in advance. All coursework should be completed and submitted before writing the final exam, please be advised that once the exam is written, any outstanding coursework will be given a grade of zero. The exam will be two hours. There are two options for taking the exam:
- WRITE EXAM AT BLYTH ACADEMY CAMPUS: If you live close to a Blyth Academy Campus, or if you attend a Blyth Academy Campus, you can take your exam there. Once inside the exam scheduling interface, please click Login/Create Account. Check for an available time and date at the campus of your choosing. The earliest available date will be open within the next 3-5 business days. You cannot book an exam in more than one campus or multiple times at the same campus. You will receive an automatic confirmation email with next steps and exam information. You can cancel and reschedule anytime using the same link.
- USE EXAMITY PROCTORING SERVICE: For a fee of 22 USD*, students can arrange to take their exam in the comfort of their own home, at any time, on any day. Please select Examity Exam in the exam section of your course to set up your Examity profile and schedule your exam. Exams must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance. *Price is subject to change.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.