CPW4U Canadian & World Politics – Grade 12 (University)
PREREQUISITE: Any university or university/college preparation course in Canadian and world studies, English, or social sciences and humanities
GRADE: 12 (University)
AVAILABILITY: Full-time – All Campuses, Private – All campuses, Blyth Academy Online
THE ONTARIO CURRICULUM: Canadian and World Studies
CPW4U online explores various perspectives on issues in Canadian and world politics. Students will explore political decision-making and ways in which individuals, stakeholder groups, and various institutions, including different levels of government, multinational corporations, and non-governmental organizations, respond to and work to influence domestic and international developments. In CPW4U online, students will apply the concepts of political thinking and the political inquiry process to investigate current political policies, issues, and events, and to develop and communicate informed opinions about them.
UNIT ONEPolitical Foundations
- In this unit, students will be exploring the concepts and theories behind the political foundations here in Canada and internationally. Students will examine the structure of governments at home and abroad, as well as many of the theories that relate to our government structures. Students will also look at some of the practical applications of political theory and its relation to government actions, both historically and in a contemporary context. Finally, students will be looking at how things like religion, nationalism, and diplomacy impact the political system of a nation and the world.
UNIT TWOGovernments and Canadian & International Politics
- In this unit, students will explore ideas and concepts related to the interaction between international governments and organizations. Students will explore ideas related to the classifications of nations and economic status; the role of intergovernmental organizations and how they interact with national governments; how treaties and agreements co-exist with national governments; and the role of foreign policy in the international community.
UNIT THREENon-Government Action on Canadian & International Political Issues
- In this unit, students will explore how individuals, groups, and organizations have the ability to make change in the world. Students will also learn about how local and international issues are connected and affect one another.
UNIT FOURRights and Powers in the International Community
- In this unit, students will explore the powers of non-government actors and agents in the international community. Students will also explore the concept of human rights and how they are protected around the world.
- This exam is the final evaluation of CPW4U online. Students need to arrange their final exam 10 days in advance. All coursework should be completed and submitted before writing the final exam, please be advised that once the exam is written, any outstanding coursework will be given a grade of zero. The exam will be two hours. There are two options for taking the exam:
- WRITE EXAM AT BLYTH ACADEMY CAMPUS: If you live close to a Blyth Academy Campus, or if you attend a Blyth Academy Campus, you can take your exam there. Once inside the exam scheduling interface, please click Login/Create Account. Check for an available time and date at the campus of your choosing. The earliest available date will be open within the next 3-5 business days. You cannot book an exam in more than one campus or multiple times at the same campus. You will receive an automatic confirmation email with next steps and exam information. You can cancel and reschedule anytime using the same link.
- USE EXAMITY PROCTORING SERVICE: For a fee of 22 USD*, students can arrange to take their exam in the comfort of their own home, at any time, on any day. Please select Examity Exam in the exam section of your course to set up your Examity profile and schedule your exam. Exams must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance. *Price is subject to change.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.