FSF3U Core French – Grade 11 (University)
PREREQUISITE: Core French, Grade 10, Academic
GRADE: 11 (University)
AVAILABILITY: Full-Time – All campuses, Private – All campuses, International Summers Programs, Blyth Academy Online
THE ONTARIO CURRICULUM: French as a Second Language
FSF3U online offers students extended opportunities to speak and interact in real-life situations in French with greater independence. Students will develop their creative and critical thinking skills through responding to and exploring a variety of oral and written texts. In FSF3U online, students will continue to broaden their understanding and appreciation of diverse French-speaking communities and to develop the skills necessary for life-long language learning.
UNIT ONELes Journaux français
- Cette unité se concentre sur les journaux et la compréhension de lecture. On va réviser le présent, le futur, le passé composé, et l’imparfait et apprendre de nouveaux mots de vocabulaire. On va discuter des stratégies pour la compréhension de lecture et on va pratiquer ces stratégies.
- In this unit, students will focus on newspapers and reading comprehension. Students will revise the present, the future, the past and the imperfect grammar tenses and learn new vocabulary words. Students will look at reading comprehension strategies put these skills into practice.
- Cette unité se concentre sur la poésie française et le français oral. Nous allons pratiquer la bonne prononciation des consonnes et voyelles. Nous lirons la poésie française et discuterons de différents poètes bien connus.
- In this unit, students will focus on French poetry and oral communication. Students will analyze famous French poems and poets and explore the poetry form and said authors use these techniques to express their thoughts and emotions. Students will also practice the correct pronunciation of consonants and vowels.
UNIT THREEAutour du monde
- Cette unité se concentre sur la communauté française autour du monde. Nous allons apprendre comment conjuguer le futur antérieur, le conditionnel et le plus-que-parfait. Nous allons aussi apprendre comment utiliser les bonnes prépositions.
- In this unit, students will focus on the French community around the world. Students will learn how to conjugate important French tenses that will allow them to communicate their ideas and thoughts regarding global French culture and language. Students will also learn how to use the prepositions correctly.
UNIT FOURLa Musique française
- Cette unité se concentre sur la musique française et la culture française reliée à la musique. Nous allons apprendre comment utiliser les différents pronoms et apprendre de nouveaux mots de vocabulaire. Nous discuterons des différences entre le langage soutenu et l’argot.
- In this unit, students focus on French music and how it reflects French culture. Students will learn how to use the different pronouns, in addition to learning new vocabulary words. Students will also discuss the differences between traditional and colloquial language.
- Cette unité se concentre sur les histoires françaises. Nous allons lire différentes fables et contes folkloriques et discuter des différences entre les deux genres. Nous allons apprendre comment identifier le passé simple.
- In this unit, students will focus on French stories. Students will read different fables and folklores and discuss the differences between the two genres. Students will also learn how to identify the simple past tense within their studied texts.
- This project is one of the final evaluations of FSF3U online. This project will be worth 15% of the final grade.
FINAL EXAMProctored Exam
- This exam is the final evaluation of FSF3U online. Students need to arrange their final exam 10 days in advance. All coursework should be completed and submitted before writing the final exam, please be advised that once the exam is written, any outstanding coursework will be given a grade of zero. The exam will be two hours. There are three options for taking the exam:
- WRITE EXAM AT BLYTH ACADEMY CAMPUS: If you live close to a Blyth Academy Campus, or if you attend a Blyth Academy Campus, you can take your exam there. Once inside the exam scheduling interface, please click Login/Create Account. Check for an available time and date at the campus of your choosing. The earliest available date will be open within the next 3-5 business days. You cannot book an exam in more than one campus or multiple times at the same campus. You will receive an automatic confirmation email with next steps and exam information. You can cancel and reschedule anytime using the same link.
- ARRANGE YOUR OWN PROCTOR: If you want to arrange a proctor yourself, you can do that. The proctor will need to be approved by us and will need to supervise the exam at his or her place of work, or at a public place such as a library. Some libraries and study centres offer this service themselves. The proctor must be approved by us and must be a working professional (eg teacher, doctor, businessperson, and must provide a work email address for correspondence (no Gmail, Hotmail, etc.). Please note that the final exam cannot be proctored by a family member or by a tutor for that specific subject. Once inside the exam scheduling interface, please click Login/Create Account. Select Arranging My Own Proctor and proceed to schedule your exam.
- USE EXAMITY PROCTORING SERVICE: For a fee of 22 USD*, students can arrange to take their exam in the comfort of their own home, at any time, on any day. Please select Examity Exam in the exam section of your course to set up your Examity profile and schedule your exam. Exams must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance. *Price is subject to change.
- Please email email@example.com if you need assistance.