FSF4U Core French – Grade 12 (University)
PREREQUISITE: Core French, Grade 11, University Preparation
GRADE: 12 (University)
AVAILABILITY: Full-Time – All campuses, Private – All campuses, Blyth Academy Online
THE ONTARIO CURRICULUM: French as a Second Language
FSF4U online provides extensive opportunities for students to speak and interact in French independently. Students will apply language-learning strategies in a wide variety of real-life situations and will continue to develop their creative and critical thinking skills through responding to and interacting with a variety of oral and written texts. In FSF4U online, students will also continue to enrich their understanding and appreciation of diverse French-speaking communities and to develop the skills necessary for life-long language learning.
UNIT ONEL'histore de la langue française
- Cette unité est à propos de l’histoire de la langue française. Pour la grammaire, il y a un revoir des verbes et les pronoms interrogatifs. Il y a aussi de nouveaux mots de vocabulaire.
- In this unit, students will learn about the history of the French language. In terms of grammar, students will review previously studied verbs and interrogative pronouns. Students will explore new vocabulary words as well.
UNIT TWOLe Petit Prince
- Dans cette unité, tu vas lire le court roman Le Petit Prince par Antoine Saint-Euxpéry. Pour la grammaire, tu vas apprendre comment utiliser le faire causatif, l’infinitif passé, et le subjonctif.
- In this unit, students will read the short novel “The Little Prince” by Antoine Saint-Euxpéry. Students will also explore the causative, past infinitive, and the subjunctive verb tenses.
UNIT THREEL'École des femmes (School for Wives)
- Dans cette unité, tu vas lire la pièce de théâtre L’École des femmes, par Molière. Tu vas pratiquer le français oral et apprendre comment faire les liaisons.
- In this unit, students will read the play “L’École des Femmes” by Molière. Students will practice their oral communication in French and learn how to make connections between the text and themes.
UNIT FOURLes Contes de fées
- Dans cette unité, tu vas lire quelques contes de fées par Charles Perrault. Tu vas apprendre comment écrire une dissertation comparative et écris une dissertation à 1000 mots.
- In this unit, students will read fairy tales by Charles Perrault. Students will learn how to write a comparative essay and produce a 1000 word written composition.
- This project is one of the final evaluations of FSF4U online. This project will be worth 10% of the final grade.
FINAL EXAMProctored Exam
- This exam is the final evaluation of FSF4U online. Students need to arrange their final exam 10 days in advance. All coursework should be completed and submitted before writing the final exam, please be advised that once the exam is written, any outstanding coursework will be given a grade of zero. The exam will be two hours. There are three options for taking the exam:
- WRITE EXAM AT BLYTH ACADEMY CAMPUS: If you live close to a Blyth Academy Campus, or if you attend a Blyth Academy Campus, you can take your exam there. Once inside the exam scheduling interface, please click Login/Create Account. Check for an available time and date at the campus of your choosing. The earliest available date will be open within the next 3-5 business days. You cannot book an exam in more than one campus or multiple times at the same campus. You will receive an automatic confirmation email with next steps and exam information. You can cancel and reschedule anytime using the same link.
- ARRANGE YOUR OWN PROCTOR: If you want to arrange a proctor yourself, you can do that. The proctor will need to be approved by us and will need to supervise the exam at his or her place of work, or at a public place such as a library. Some libraries and study centres offer this service themselves. The proctor must be approved by us and must be a working professional (eg teacher, doctor, businessperson, and must provide a work email address for correspondence (no Gmail, Hotmail, etc.). Please note that the final exam cannot be proctored by a family member or by a tutor for that specific subject. Once inside the exam scheduling interface, please click Login/Create Account. Select Arranging My Own Proctor and proceed to schedule your exam.
- USE EXAMITY PROCTORING SERVICE: For a fee of 22 USD*, students can arrange to take their exam in the comfort of their own home, at any time, on any day. Please select Examity Exam in the exam section of your course to set up your Examity profile and schedule your exam. Exams must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance. *Price is subject to change.
- Please email email@example.com if you need assistance.