HSP3U Intro to Anthropology, Psychology & Sociology – Grade 11 (University)
PREREQUISITE: The Grade 10 academic course in English, or the Grade 10 academic history course (Canadian and world studies)
GRADE: 11 (University)
AVAILABILITY: Full-time – All Campuses, Private – All campuses, Blyth Academy Online
THE ONTARIO CURRICULUM: Social Sciences and Humanities
HSP3U online provides students with opportunities to think critically about theories, questions, and issues related to anthropology, psychology, and sociology. Students will develop an understanding of the approaches and research methods used by social scientists. In HSP3U online, students will be given opportunities to explore theories from a variety of perspectives, to conduct social science, and to become familiar with current thinking on a range of issues within the three disciplines.
UNIT ONESelf and Others
- In this unit, students will learn about their relation to others around themselves. Students will learn about the basics of anthropology, psychology, and sociology, as well as the pioneer social scientists from each field.
UNIT TWOSocial Structures
- In unit two, students will learn about the social structures in their lives as well as more specific concepts related to the ‘psychology’ portion of the course. Students will also begin to think about the ISU and topics they wish to survey their peers about in their independent study.
UNIT THREESocial Organizations
- In this unit, students will learn about social organizations affecting them. Students will focus more on anthropology and sociology and make connections between the course and various social organizations around us. Students will conclude the ISU research report.
FINAL EXAMProctored Exam
- This exam is the final evaluation of HSP3U online. Students need to arrange their final exam 10 days in advance. All coursework should be completed and submitted before writing the final exam, please be advised that once the exam is written, any outstanding coursework will be given a grade of zero. The exam will be two hours. There are two options for taking the exam:
- WRITE EXAM AT BLYTH ACADEMY CAMPUS: If you live close to a Blyth Academy Campus, or if you attend a Blyth Academy Campus, you can take your exam there. Once inside the exam scheduling interface, please click Login/Create Account. Check for an available time and date at the campus of your choosing. The earliest available date will be open within the next 3-5 business days. You cannot book an exam in more than one campus or multiple times at the same campus. You will receive an automatic confirmation email with next steps and exam information. You can cancel and reschedule anytime using the same link.
- USE EXAMITY PROCTORING SERVICE: For a fee of 22 USD*, students can arrange to take their exam in the comfort of their own home, at any time, on any day. Please select Examity Exam in the exam section of your course to set up your Examity profile and schedule your exam. Exams must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance. *Price is subject to change.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.