ICS2O Introduction to Computer Studies – Grade 10 (Open)
GRADE: 10 (Open)
AVAILABILITY: Full-time – All Campuses, Private – All campuses, Blyth Academy Online
THE ONTARIO CURRICULUM: Computer Studies
ICS2O online introduces students to computer programming. Students will plan and write simple computer programs by applying fundamental programming concepts, and learn to create clear and maintainable internal documentation. They will also learn to manage a computer by studying hardware configurations, software selection, operating system functions, networking, and safe computing practices. In ICS2O online, students will also investigate the social impact of computer technologies, and develop an understanding of environmental and ethical issues related to the use of computers.
UNIT ONEUnderstanding Computers
- In this unit, students will be introduced to the basic components of a computer. This unit will provide students with the background knowledge and understanding of computers and their functions.
UNIT TWOComputers and Society
- In this unit, students will be introduced to the basic social impact of technology and gain an understanding of environmental and ethical issues related to the use of computers. The unit will provide students with background knowledge and an understanding of computers and society. Students will learn the relevance of computers to education and the profession.
UNIT THREEIntroduction to Programming
- In this unit, students will be introduced to the basic fundamental concepts and constructs of programming. They will plan and write simple C# programs using the Console Application in Visual Studio Express/Community. This approach to programming is simple because it does not involve a Graphical User Interface (GUI). This is a great learning tool for Program beginners and for learning a new language.
FINAL EXAMProctored Exam
- This exam is the final evaluation of ICS2O online. Students need to arrange their final exam 10 days in advance. All coursework should be completed and submitted before writing the final exam, please be advised that once the exam is written, any outstanding coursework will be given a grade of zero. The exam will be two hours.
- Please consult our Frequently Asked Questions Page or the Exam section within your course for details on exam proctoring options.