LWICU Italian – Level 2 (University)
PREREQUISITE: Italian, Level 1, Academic
AVAILABILITY: Blyth Academy Online
THE ONTARIO CURRICULUM: Classical Studies and International Languages
LWICU online provides opportunities for students to increase their competence and confidence in listening, speaking, reading, and writing in Italian. Students will communicate about academic and personally relevant topics in increasingly spontaneous spoken interactions and will develop their creative and critical thinking skills through exploring and responding to a variety of oral and written texts. Students will continue to enrich their understanding and appreciation of diverse communities in regions of the world where the language is spoken. They will also investigate personal and professional contexts in which knowledge of Italian is required, and develop skills necessary for lifelong language learning.
- In this unit, students will be exploring friends, friendship and communication. Students will review and consolidate agreement of determinate and indeterminate articles and nouns, both regular and irregular, as well as review the present simple and study the present progressive. Students will be reviewing the present indicative, both regular and irregular verbs, and the future simple. Students will acquire a vocabulary related to communication and leisure activities.
- In this unit, students will explore the regions of Italy and the geographical features of the landscape. Students will be looking specifically at different regions and natural differences of Italy. Students will expand their vocabulary and practice their Listening, Speaking, Reading, and Writings skills.
UNIT THREEHolidays and Celebrations
- In this unit, students will explore holidays and festivities in Italy. A focus will be on the traditional holidays popular in Italy. Students will refine their use of common coordinating and subordinating conjunctions, the use of negative forms, and the conditional tense. Students will also explore the vocabulary of the holidays and festivities as well as idiomatic expressions. Students will expand their vocabulary and practice their Listening, Speaking, Reading, and Writing skills.
- In this unit, students will look at a selection of works in the development of architecture in Italy. In terms of language structures, students will focus on demonstrative adverbs, pronouns and adjectives, possessive adjectives and pronouns, and direct object pronouns. Students will look at the basic vocabulary of architectural elements. Students will expand their vocabulary and practice their Listening, Speaking, Reading, and Writings skills.
- This project is one of the final evaluations of LWICU online. This project will require students to use all that they have learned throughout the course. This project will be worth 10% of the final grade.
FINAL EXAMProctored Exam
- This exam is the final evaluation of LWICU online. Students need to arrange their final exam 10 days in advance. All coursework should be completed and submitted before writing the final exam, please be advised that once the exam is written, any outstanding coursework will be given a grade of zero. The exam will be two hours. There are three options for taking the exam:
- WRITE EXAM AT BLYTH ACADEMY CAMPUS: If you live close to a Blyth Academy Campus, or if you attend a Blyth Academy Campus, you can take your exam there. Once inside the exam scheduling interface, please click Login/Create Account. Check for an available time and date at the campus of your choosing. The earliest available date will be open within the next 3-5 business days. You cannot book an exam in more than one campus or multiple times at the same campus. You will receive an automatic confirmation email with next steps and exam information. You can cancel and reschedule anytime using the same link.
- ARRANGE YOUR OWN PROCTOR: If you want to arrange a proctor yourself, you can do that. The proctor will need to be approved by us and will need to supervise the exam at his or her place of work, or at a public place such as a library. Some libraries and study centres offer this service themselves. The proctor must be approved by us and must be a working professional (eg teacher, doctor, businessperson, and must provide a work email address for correspondence (no Gmail, Hotmail, etc.). Please note that the final exam cannot be proctored by a family member or by a tutor for that specific subject. Once inside the exam scheduling interface, please click Login/Create Account. Select Arranging My Own Proctor and proceed to schedule your exam.
- USE EXAMITY PROCTORING SERVICE: For a fee of 22 USD*, students can arrange to take their exam in the comfort of their own home, at any time, on any day. Please select Examity Exam in the exam section of your course to set up your Examity profile and schedule your exam. Exams must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance. *Price is subject to change.
- Please email email@example.com if you need assistance.