LWIDU Italian – Level 3 (University)
PREREQUISITE: Italian, Level 2, University Preparation
AVAILABILITY: Blyth Academy Online
THE ONTARIO CURRICULUM: Classical Studies and International Languages
LWIDU online provides extended opportunities for students to communicate and interact in Italian in a variety of social and academic contexts. Students will refine and enhance their listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills, as well as their creative and critical thinking skills, as they explore and respond to a variety of oral and written texts, including complex authentic and adapted texts. In LWIDU online, students will also broaden their understanding and appreciation of diverse communities where Italian is spoken, and develop skills necessary for lifelong language learning.
UNIT ONEAl liceo in Italia
- In this unit, students will be exploring the high school learning environment in Italy. Students will review and consolidate agreement of determinate and indeterminate articles and nouns, both regular and irregular, as well as review possessive pronouns. Students will be reviewing the present indicative, both regular and irregular verbs, and the future simple. Students will acquire a vocabulary related to school and school routines.
UNIT TWOL'Italia, ieri ed oggi
- In this Unit, students will be studying expressions in Italian used to refer to historical eras, specifically Il Risorgimento, leading to the unification of the Italian states. They will explore links between modern Italian and its Latin origins. In terms of grammar, students will review and practice two forms of the past tense in Italian.
UNIT THREEA Tavola!
- In this unit, students will explore food in the different regions of Italy. A focus will be on the traditional cuisine of Tuscany Cucina Povera. Students will refine their use of common coordinating and subordinate conjunctions and the use of negative forms. Students will expand their vocabulary and practice their listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.
UNIT FOURl'Arte del disegno
- In this unit, students will explore a selection of images significant to the development of graphic art in Italy. Particular attention will be paid to the art of fumetti, contemporary comics. Topics in grammar are the formation of simple adverbs, demonstrative adjectives, the possessive form of nouns, and elements of syntax. Students will expand their vocabulary and practice their listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills.
UNIT FIVEIl Viaggio di scoperta
- In this unit, students will explore the theme of travel to and in Italy and Europe with friends. Topics in grammar are the formation of the subjunctive mood, degrees of comparison with adjectives and adverbs, and interrogative pronouns. Students will expand their vocabulary and practice their listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills.
- This project is one of the final evaluations of LWIDU online. This project will challenge students’ knowledge of concepts learned throughout this course and is worth 10% of the final grade.
FINAL EXAMProctored Exam
- This exam is the final evaluation of LWIDU online. Students need to arrange their final exam 10 days in advance. All coursework should be completed and submitted before writing the final exam, please be advised that once the exam is written, any outstanding coursework will be given a grade of zero. The exam will be two hours. There are three options for taking the exam:
- WRITE EXAM AT BLYTH ACADEMY CAMPUS: If you live close to a Blyth Academy Campus, or if you attend a Blyth Academy Campus, you can take your exam there. Once inside the exam scheduling interface, please click Login/Create Account. Check for an available time and date at the campus of your choosing. The earliest available date will be open within the next 3-5 business days. You cannot book an exam in more than one campus or multiple times at the same campus. You will receive an automatic confirmation email with next steps and exam information. You can cancel and reschedule anytime using the same link.
- ARRANGE YOUR OWN PROCTOR: If you want to arrange a proctor yourself, you can do that. The proctor will need to be approved by us and will need to supervise the exam at his or her place of work, or at a public place such as a library. Some libraries and study centres offer this service themselves. The proctor must be approved by us and must be a working professional (eg teacher, doctor, businessperson, and must provide a work email address for correspondence (no Gmail, Hotmail, etc.). Please note that the final exam cannot be proctored by a family member or by a tutor for that specific subject. Once inside the exam scheduling interface, please click Login/Create Account. Select Arranging My Own Proctor and proceed to schedule your exam.
- USE EXAMITY PROCTORING SERVICE: For a fee of 22 USD*, students can arrange to take their exam in the comfort of their own home, at any time, on any day. Please select Examity Exam in the exam section of your course to set up your Examity profile and schedule your exam. Exams must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance. *Price is subject to change.
- Please email email@example.com if you need assistance.