LWSBD Spanish – Level 1 (Academic)
AVAILABILITY: Blyth Academy Online
THE ONTARIO CURRICULUM: Classical Studies and International Languages
LWSBD online provides opportunities for students to begin to develop and apply skills in listening, speaking, reading, and writing in Spanish. Students will communicate and interact in structured activities, with a focus on matters of personal interest and familiar topics, and will read and write simple texts in Spanish. Throughout LWSBD online, students will acquire an understanding and appreciation of diverse communities in regions of the world where Spanish is spoken. They will also develop skills necessary for lifelong language learning
UNIT ONEHi! How are you? / ¡Hola! ¿Qué tal?
- In this unit, students will become familiar with the basic vocabulary to introduce themselves and meet other people in Spanish and have a pleasant conversation. Students will also learn to combine the most important verbs to introduce themselves and the basics of the grammar in Spanish.
- En esta unidad te familiarizarás con vocabulario básico para poderte presentar y conocer otras personas en español y mantener una conversación agradable. Además, aprenderás a conjugar los verbos más importantes para presentarte y los pilares básicos de la gramática en español.
UNIT TWOMi gente / My people
- In this unit, students will become familiar with basic vocabulary in order to describe their family and friends.
- En esta unidad te familiarizarás con vocabulario básico para poder describir a tu familia y amigos.
UNIT THREEEn clase / In class
- In this unit, students will learn to talk about their student life, such as talking about the subjects, mentioning the activities they do, describing the class materials and placing them in space.
- En esta unidad aprenderás a hablar de tu vida de estudiante, como por ejemplo, hablar de las asignaturas, mencionar las actividades que haces, describir los materiales de clase y situarlos en el espacio.
UNIT FOURMi rutina / My routine
- In this unit, students will learn to talk about their routine, habitual actions and food.
- En esta unidad aprenderás a hablar de tu rutina, de las acciones habituales y de la comida.
UNIT FIVELa ciudad / The city
- In this unit, students will learn the basic vocabulary to talk about their city or town and what their ideal city looks like.
- En esta unidad vas a conocer el vocabulario básico para hablar de tu ciudad o pueblo y de cómo es tu ciudad ideal.
FINAL EXAMProctored Exam
- This exam is the final evaluation of LWSBD online. Students need to arrange their final exam 10 days in advance. All coursework should be completed and submitted before writing the final exam, please be advised that once the exam is written, any outstanding coursework will be given a grade of zero. The exam will be two hours. There are two options for taking the exam:
- WRITE EXAM AT BLYTH ACADEMY CAMPUS: If you live close to a Blyth Academy Campus, or if you attend a Blyth Academy Campus, you can take your exam there. Once inside the exam scheduling interface, please click Login/Create Account. Check for an available time and date at the campus of your choosing. The earliest available date will be open within the next 3-5 business days. You cannot book an exam in more than one campus or multiple times at the same campus. You will receive an automatic confirmation email with next steps and exam information. You can cancel and reschedule anytime using the same link.
- USE EXAMITY PROCTORING SERVICE: For a fee of 22 USD*, students can arrange to take their exam in the comfort of their own home, at any time, on any day. Please select Examity Exam in the exam section of your course to set up your Examity profile and schedule your exam. Exams must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance. *Price is subject to change.
- Please email email@example.com if you need assistance.