MFM2P Foundations of Mathematics – Grade 10 (Applied)
PREREQUISITE: Grade 9 Mathematics, Academic or Applied
GRADE: 10 (Applied)
AVAILABILITY: Blyth Academy Online
THE ONTARIO CURRICULUM: Mathematics
MFM2P online enables students to consolidate their understanding of linear relations and extend their problem-solving and algebraic skills through investigation, the effective use of technology, and hands-on activities. Students will develop and graph equations in analytic geometry; solve and apply linear systems, using real-life examples; and explore and interpret graphs of quadratic relations. Students will investigate similar triangles, the trigonometry of right triangles, and the measurement of three-dimensional figures. Students will consolidate their mathematical skills as they solve problems and communicate their thinking.
UNIT ONEMeasurements and Introduction to Trigonometry
- In this unit, students will learn Imperial measurement and conversions between different measurement systems. Students will also be introduced to the topic of similar triangles, properties of right angle triangles, Pythagorean theorem, as well as trigonometric ratios.
UNIT TWOLinear Relations, Equations, and Systems
- In this unit, students will start with investigating slope as a rate of change. Throughout the unit students will continue learning about linear equations and their graphs. Upon their understanding of these concepts, students will learn how to solve linear equations and the method of substitution and elimination to solve linear systems.
UNIT THREEQuadratic Relations and Expressions
- In this unit, students will learn about Quadratic relations. Students will also learn to solve real-life problems involving quadratic relations. Common Factoring and factoring difference of square will also be covered in this unit.
FINAL EXAMProctored Exam
- This exam is the final evaluation of MFM2P online. Students need to arrange their final exam 10 days in advance. All coursework should be completed and submitted before writing the final exam, please be advised that once the exam is written, any outstanding coursework will be given a grade of zero. The exam will be 1 1/2 hours.
- Please consult our Frequently Asked Questions Page or the Exam section within your course for details on exam proctoring options.