MFM2P Foundations of Mathematics – Grade 10 (Applied)
PREREQUISITE: Grade 9 Mathematics, Academic or Applied
GRADE: 10 (Applied)
AVAILABILITY: Blyth Academy Online
THE ONTARIO CURRICULUM: Mathematics
MFM2P online enables students to consolidate their understanding of linear relations and extend their problem-solving and algebraic skills through investigation, the effective use of technology, and hands-on activities. Students will develop and graph equations in analytic geometry; solve and apply linear systems, using real-life examples; and explore and interpret graphs of quadratic relations. Students will investigate similar triangles, the trigonometry of right triangles, and the measurement of three-dimensional figures. Students will consolidate their mathematical skills as they solve problems and communicate their thinking.
UNIT ONEMeasurements and Introduction to Trigonometry
- In this unit, students will learn imperial measurement and conversions between different measurement systems. Students will also be introduced to the topic of similar triangles. Properties of right angle triangle, Pythagorean theorem, and trigonometric ratios will be learned by the end of this unit.
UNIT TWOLinear Relations, Equations, and Systems
- In this unit, students will begin investigating slope as the rate of change. They will also learn about Linear equations and graphs. They will cover the topic of solving Linear equations. The method of substitution and elimination will be learned by the end of this unit.
UNIT THREEQuadratic Relations and Expressions
- In this unit, students will discover Quadratic relations. Students will also learn to solve problems involving quadratic relations. Common factoring and difference of square will also be covered by the end of this unit.
- This project is one of the final evaluations of MFM2P online. This project will require students to use all that they have learned throughout the course. This project will be worth 10% of the final grade.
FINAL EXAMProctored Exam
- This exam is the final evaluation of MFM2P online. Students need to arrange their final exam 10 days in advance. All coursework should be completed and submitted before writing the final exam, please be advised that once the exam is written, any outstanding coursework will be given a grade of zero. The exam will be 1 1/2 hours. There are two options for taking the exam:
- WRITE EXAM AT BLYTH ACADEMY CAMPUS: If you live close to a Blyth Academy Campus, or if you attend a Blyth Academy Campus, you can take your exam there. Once inside the exam scheduling interface, please click Login/Create Account. Check for an available time and date at the campus of your choosing. The earliest available date will be open within the next 3-5 business days. You cannot book an exam in more than one campus or multiple times at the same campus. You will receive an automatic confirmation email with next steps and exam information. You can cancel and reschedule anytime using the same link.
- USE EXAMITY PROCTORING SERVICE: For a fee of 22 USD*, students can arrange to take their exam in the comfort of their own home, at any time, on any day. Please select Examity Exam in the exam section of your course to set up your Examity profile and schedule your exam. Exams must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance. *Price is subject to change.
- Please email email@example.com if you need assistance.