MPM2D Principles of Mathematics – Grade 10 (Academic)
PREREQUISITE: Principles of Mathematics, Grade 9, Academic or Mathematics Transfer Course
GRADE: 10 (Academic)
AVAILABILITY: Full-time – All Campuses, Part-time – All campuses, Private – All campuses, Blyth Academy Online
THE ONTARIO CURRICULUM: Mathematics
MPM2D online enables students to broaden their understanding of relationships and extend their problem-solving and algebraic skills through investigation, the effective use of technology, and abstract reasoning. Students will explore quadratic relations and their applications; solve and apply linear systems; verify properties of geometric figures using analytic geometry, and investigate the trigonometry of right and acute triangles. In MPM2D online, students will reason mathematically and communicate their thinking as they solve multi-step problems.
UNIT ONELinear Systems
- In this unit, students will learn about how many real-life relationships between data, such as the cost to start and run a business, can be modelled using linear equations. Students will also look at creating a system of linear equations and solving the system using a variety of techniques.
UNIT TWOAnalytic Geometry
- In this unit, students will learn about Analytic Geometry, a branch of mathematics that combines algebra and geometry.
UNIT THREESimilar Triangles and Trigonometry
- In this unit, students will learn the branch of mathematics that enabled ancient discoverers the chance to study the stars and planets and wondered about how far away they were and how fast they were travelling.
Unit FourQuadratic Expressions
- In this unit, students will examine quadratic expressions.
UNIT FIVEQuadratic Equations (Part I)
- In this unit, students will learn about quadratic equations and their applications in many real-life situations, such as the design of satellite dishes, headlights, and bridge supports.
UNIT SIXQuadratic Equations (Part II)
- In this unit, students will continue their investigation on quadratic equations that are used as mathematical models for many real-life situations, such as the design of satellite dishes, headlights, and bridge supports
- This project is one of the final evaluations of MPM2D online. The culminating activity will make up 10% of the final mark. It is designed so that students can work on it throughout the course.
- This exam is the final evaluation of MPM2D online. Students need to arrange their final exam 10 days in advance. All coursework should be completed and submitted before writing the final exam, please be advised that once the exam is written, any outstanding coursework will be given a grade of zero. The exam will be two hours. There are three options for taking the exam:
- WRITE EXAM AT BLYTH ACADEMY CAMPUS: If you live close to a Blyth Academy Campus, or if you attend a Blyth Academy Campus, you can take your exam there. Once inside the exam scheduling interface, please click Login/Create Account. Check for an available time and date at the campus of your choosing. The earliest available date will be open within the next 3-5 business days. You cannot book an exam in more than one campus or multiple times at the same campus. You will receive an automatic confirmation email with next steps and exam information. You can cancel and reschedule anytime using the same link.
- ARRANGE YOUR OWN PROCTOR: If you want to arrange a proctor yourself, you can do that. The proctor will need to be approved by us and will need to supervise the exam at his or her place of work, or at a public place such as a library. Some libraries and study centres offer this service themselves. The proctor must be approved by us and must be a working professional (eg teacher, doctor, businessperson, and must provide a work email address for correspondence (no Gmail, Hotmail, etc.). Please note that the final exam cannot be proctored by a family member or by a tutor for that specific subject. Once inside the exam scheduling interface, please click Login/Create Account. Select Arranging My Own Proctor and proceed to schedule your exam.
- USE EXAMITY PROCTORING SERVICE: For a fee of 22 USD*, students can arrange to take their exam in the comfort of their own home, at any time, on any day. Please select Examity Exam in the exam section of your course to set up your Examity profile and schedule your exam. Exams must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance. *Price is subject to change.
- Please email email@example.com if you need assistance.