PPL4O Healthy Active Living Education – Grade 12 (Open)
GRADE: 12 (Open)
AVAILABILITY: Blyth Academy Online
THE ONTARIO CURRICULUM: Health and Physical Education
PPL4O online enables students to further develop the knowledge and skills they need to make healthy choices. It places special emphasis on how students can maintain the habits of healthy, active living throughout their lives as they make the transition to adulthood and independent living. Through participation in a wide range of physical activities in a variety of settings, students can enhance their movement competence, personal fitness, and confidence. Students also acquire an understanding of the factors and skills that contribute to healthy development and learn how their own well-being is affected by, and affects, the world around them. In PPL4O online, students build their sense of self, learn to interact positively with others, and develop their ability to think critically and creatively.
Unit OneFitness Plan and Conflict
- In this unit, students will learn how to choose a fitness plan and then develop a personal Fitness Plan. Students will also learn about what conflict is and the different styles of conflict. Students will learn about effective methods of conflict resolution and coping strategies.
UNIT TWOSafety and Violence/Substance Abuse
- In this unit, students will learn how to be safe when performing fitness activities in a variety of settings. Students will also learn about the causes of violence and its effects. Students will also learn about support and strategies for threats to their personal safety.
UNIT THREEMovement and Human Development/Sexual Health
- In this unit, students will gain an understanding of movement and it’s three phases as well as an understanding of how the body moves. Students will also study human development and sexual health.
UNIT FOURFair Play and Healthy Eating
- In this unit, students will learn about ethical and fair play and its importance in creating a rewarding and enjoyable activity environment. Students will learn about nutrition and how to make healthy eating choices in their everyday lives.
- This project is one of the final evaluations of PPL4O online. This project will be worth 15% of the final grade.
FINAL EXAMProctored Exam
- This exam is the final evaluation of PPL4O online. Students need to arrange their final exam 10 days in advance. All coursework should be completed and submitted before writing the final exam, please be advised that once the exam is written, any outstanding coursework will be given a grade of zero. The exam will be two hours. There are two options for taking the exam:
- WRITE EXAM AT BLYTH ACADEMY CAMPUS: If you live close to a Blyth Academy Campus, or if you attend a Blyth Academy Campus, you can take your exam there. Once inside the exam scheduling interface, please click Login/Create Account. Check for an available time and date at the campus of your choosing. The earliest available date will be open within the next 3-5 business days. You cannot book an exam in more than one campus or multiple times at the same campus. You will receive an automatic confirmation email with next steps and exam information. You can cancel and reschedule anytime using the same link.
- USE EXAMITY PROCTORING SERVICE: For a fee of 22 USD*, students can arrange to take their exam in the comfort of their own home, at any time, on any day. Please select Examity Exam in the exam section of your course to set up your Examity profile and schedule your exam. Exams must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance. *Price is subject to change.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.