PPL4O Healthy Active Living Education – Grade 12 (Open)
GRADE: 12 (Open)
AVAILABILITY: Blyth Academy Online
THE ONTARIO CURRICULUM: Health and Physical Education
PPL4O online enables students to further develop the knowledge and skills they need to make healthy choices. It places special emphasis on how students can maintain the habits of healthy, active living throughout their lives as they make the transition to adulthood and independent living. Through participation in a wide range of physical activities in a variety of settings, students can enhance their movement competence, personal fitness, and confidence. Students also acquire an understanding of the factors and skills that contribute to healthy development and learn how their own well-being is affected by, and affects, the world around them. In PPL4O online, students build their sense of self, learn to interact positively with others, and develop their ability to think critically and creatively.
Unit OneFitness Plan and Conflict
- In this unit, students will learn how to choose a fitness plan and then develop a personal Fitness Plan. Students will also learn about what conflict is and the different styles of conflict. Students will learn about effective methods of conflict resolution and coping strategies.
UNIT TWOSafety and Violence/Substance Abuse
- In this unit, students will learn how to be safe when performing fitness activities in a variety of settings. Students will also learn about the causes of violence and its effects. Students will also learn about support and strategies for threats to their personal safety.
UNIT THREEMovement and Human Development/Sexual Health
- In this unit, students will gain an understanding of movement and it’s three phases as well as an understanding of how the body moves. Students will also study human development and sexual health.
UNIT FOURFair Play and Healthy Eating
- In this unit, students will learn about ethical and fair play and its importance in creating a rewarding and enjoyable activity environment. Students will learn about nutrition and how to make healthy eating choices in their everyday lives.
- This project is one of the final evaluations of PPL4O online. This project will be worth 15% of the final grade.
FINAL EXAMProctored Exam
- This exam is the final evaluation of PPL4O online. Students need to arrange their final exam 10 days in advance. All coursework should be completed and submitted before writing the final exam, please be advised that once the exam is written, any outstanding coursework will be given a grade of zero. The exam will be two hours.
- Please consult our Frequently Asked Questions Page or the Exam section within your course for details on exam proctoring options.