PPZ3C Health For Life – Grade 11 (College)
GRADE: 11 (College)
AVAILABILITY: Full-time – All Campuses, Private – All campuses, Blyth Academy Online
THE ONTARIO CURRICULUM: Health and Physical Education
PPZ3C online enables students to examine the factors that influence their own health practices and behaviours as well as those factors that contribute to the development of healthy communities. It emphasizes the concept of wellness, which addresses all aspects of well-being – physical, cognitive, emotional, spiritual and social – and promotes healthy eating, physical activity, and building and maintaining a positive sense of self. Students will develop the skills necessary to make healthy choices and create a personal wellness plan. They will also design initiatives that encourage others to lead healthy, active lives. PPZ3C online prepares students for college programs in health sciences, fitness, wellness, and health promotion.
UNIT ONEDeterminants of Health
- In this unit, students will be introduced to the variety of factors that influence health, including hereditary genes, personal upbringing and environment, daily personal health practices, and societal factors such as socioeconomic status, social isolation/saturation, and more.
- In this unit, students will gain an understanding of the concept of personal wellness, the factors that influence it and the ways of maintaining and enhancing it. Students will also gain the ability to develop and implement a personal wellness plan.
UNIT THREEHealthy Communities
- In this unit, students will learn how to assess the quality of health information, the credibility of health information and to make informed decisions about their health. Students will also learn about what makes and sustains a healthy community, and how to support others with healthy choices.
- This project is one of the final evaluations of PPZ3C online. This project incorporates many parts of this course, and the purpose is to put the information that was learned in this course, into action. This project will be worth 15% of the final grade.
FINAL EXAMProctored Exam
- This exam is the final evaluation of PPZ3C online. Students need to arrange their final exam 10 days in advance. All coursework should be completed and submitted before writing the final exam, please be advised that once the exam is written, any outstanding coursework will be given a grade of zero. The exam will be two hours.
- Please consult our Frequently Asked Questions Page or the Exam section within your course for details on exam proctoring options.