PPZ3C Health For Life – Grade 11 (College)
GRADE: 11 (College)
AVAILABILITY: Full-time – All Campuses, Private – All campuses, Blyth Academy Online
THE ONTARIO CURRICULUM: Health and Physical Education
PPZ3C online enables students to examine the factors that influence their own health practices and behaviours as well as those factors that contribute to the development of healthy communities. It emphasizes the concept of wellness, which addresses all aspects of well-being – physical, cognitive, emotional, spiritual and social – and promotes healthy eating, physical activity, and building and maintaining a positive sense of self. Students will develop the skills necessary to make healthy choices and create a personal wellness plan. They will also design initiatives that encourage others to lead healthy, active lives. PPZ3C online prepares students for college programs in health sciences, fitness, wellness, and health promotion.
UNIT ONEDeterminants of Health
- In this unit, students will be introduced to the variety of factors that influence health, including hereditary genes, personal upbringing and environment, daily personal health practices, and societal factors such as socioeconomic status, social isolation/saturation, and more.
- In this unit, students will gain an understanding of the concept of personal wellness, the factors that influence it and the ways of maintaining and enhancing it. Students will also gain the ability to develop and implement a personal wellness plan.
UNIT THREEHealthy Communities
- In this unit, students will learn how to assess the quality of health information, the credibility of health information and to make informed decisions about their health. Students will also learn about what makes and sustains a healthy community, and how to support others with healthy choices.
- This project is one of the final evaluations of PPZ3C online. This project incorporates many parts of this course, and the purpose is to put the information that was learned in this course, into action. This project will be worth 15% of the final grade.
FINAL EXAMProctored Exam
- This exam is the final evaluation of PPZ3C online. Students need to arrange their final exam 10 days in advance. All coursework should be completed and submitted before writing the final exam, please be advised that once the exam is written, any outstanding coursework will be given a grade of zero. The exam will be two hours. There are two options for taking the exam:
- WRITE EXAM AT BLYTH ACADEMY CAMPUS: If you live close to a Blyth Academy Campus, or if you attend a Blyth Academy Campus, you can take your exam there. Once inside the exam scheduling interface, please click Login/Create Account. Check for an available time and date at the campus of your choosing. The earliest available date will be open within the next 3-5 business days. You cannot book an exam in more than one campus or multiple times at the same campus. You will receive an automatic confirmation email with next steps and exam information. You can cancel and reschedule anytime using the same link.
- USE EXAMITY PROCTORING SERVICE: For a fee of 22 USD*, students can arrange to take their exam in the comfort of their own home, at any time, on any day. Please select Examity Exam in the exam section of your course to set up your Examity profile and schedule your exam. Exams must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance. *Price is subject to change.
- Please email email@example.com if you need assistance.