SBI3C Biology – Grade 11 (College)
PREREQUISITE: Science, Grade 10, Academic or Applied
GRADE: 11 (College)
AVAILABILITY: Blyth Academy Online
THE ONTARIO CURRICULUM: Science
UNIT ONECellular Biology
- In this unit, students will learn about Cellular Biology. Cellular Biology is the study of cell structure and function, and it revolves around the concept that the cell is the fundamental unit of life. By understanding what is happening at a cellular level, students will gain a better understanding of life in general.
- In this unit, students will examine Microbiology. Microbiology is all about the study of the living things that cannot be seen with the naked eye. This unit explores the different types of microbes and how they shape and affect the world.
- In this unit, students will learn about Genetics. Genetics is the science of hereditary information. This unit introduces the concepts of how genetic information is packaged and passed on from generation to generation.
UNIT FOURAnatomy of Mammals
- In this unit, students will focus on the internal systems of mammals, with a special focus on the digestive, respiratory, and circulatory systems. Students will also look at what can go wrong to cause diseases and disorders and technology that relates to the systems.
UNIT FIVEPlants in the Natural Environment
- In this unit, students will explore the world of plants in terms of their structure, how they grow and reproduce, and how they shape the environment around them.
FINAL EXAMProctored Exam
- This exam is the final evaluation of SBI3C online. Students need to arrange their final exam 10 days in advance. All coursework should be completed and submitted before writing the final exam, please be advised that once the exam is written, any outstanding coursework will be given a grade of zero. The exam will be two hours.
- Please consult our Frequently Asked Questions Page or the Exam section within your course for details on exam proctoring options.