SNC2P Science – Grade 10 (Applied)
PREREQUISITE: Science, Grade 9, Academic or Applied
GRADE: 10 (Applied)
AVAILABILITY: Full-time – All Campuses, Private – All campuses, Blyth Academy Online
THE ONTARIO CURRICULUM: Science
UNIT ONELaboratory Safety
- In this unit, students will learn how to conduct experiments safely within laboratory settings.
UNIT TWOChemical Reactions
- In this unit, students will learn what takes place during a chemical reaction and how to classify reactions based on their products. In addition, students will learn about nomenclature.
UNIT THREELight and Optics
- In this unit, students will learn the basic properties of light. In addition, they will learn how they use mirrors and lenses to manipulate light in their every day lives.
UNIT FOUREarth's Dynamic Climate
- In this unit, students will learn the forces associated with Earth’s climate and weather. They will learn the difference between natural effects and anthropogenic effects and the effect each has. Students will also investigate ways that they can protect their environment and slow the effects of climate change.
UNIT FIVETissues, Organs, and Systems of Living Things
- In this unit, students will examine the smallest component of life; a cell. They will discover what kinds of cells there are and what they are made of. Students will investigate how cells come together to create organisms and what potential diseases can occur when cells stop preforming their functions.
FINAL EXAMProctored Exam
- This exam is the final evaluation of SNC2P online. Students need to arrange their final exam 10 days in advance. All coursework should be completed and submitted before writing the final exam, please be advised that once the exam is written, any outstanding coursework will be given a grade of zero. The exam will be two hours.
- Please consult our Frequently Asked Questions Page or the Exam section within your course for details on exam proctoring options.