SNC4M Science – Grade 12 (University/College)
PREREQUISITE: Science, Grade 10, Academic, or any Grade 11 university, university/college, or college preparation course in science
GRADE: 12 (University/College)
AVAILABILITY: Blyth Academy Online
THE ONTARIO CURRICULUM: Science
UNIT ONENutritional Science
- In this unit, students will learn about and discuss the nutrients and other substances found in food and how they affect human health and well-being.
UNIT TWOPathogens and Disease
- In this unit, students will learn about and discuss pathogens and the diseases they cause. Students will learn how they reproduce, spread, are controlled, and preventive methods.
UNIT THREEScience and Public Health Issues
- In this unit, students will learn about and discuss how public health helps individuals and societies adopt appropriate practices to protect their health and the health of others and how a global approach to public health is necessary to help prevent future pandemics.
- In this unit, students will learn about and discuss the central dogma of molecular genetics (how the code of DNA is translated into a functional protein). Students will also discuss the many applications of biotechnology in health and agriculture. Students will discuss some controversies regarding genetically modified foods.
UNIT FIVEMedical Technologies
- In this unit, students will learn about and discuss how medical technologies can have positive and negative effects on society, human health, the economy, and the environment. Students will learn about the science behind medical technologies, and how they can help patients better understand their diagnoses and treatment options.
FINAL EXAMProctored Exam
- This exam is the final evaluation of SNC4M online. Students need to arrange their final exam 10 days in advance. All coursework should be completed and submitted before writing the final exam, please be advised that once the exam is written, any outstanding coursework will be given a grade of zero. The exam will be two hours.
- Please consult our Frequently Asked Questions Page or the Exam section within your course for details on exam proctoring options.