TGI4M Interactive New Media and Animation – Grade 12 (University/College)
PREREQUISITE: Communications Technology, Grade 11, University/College Preparation
GRADE: 12 (University/College)
AVAILABILITY: Blyth Academy Online
THE ONTARIO CURRICULUM: Technological Education
TGI4M online enables students to further develop media knowledge and skills while designing and producing projects in the areas of live, recorded, and graphic communications. Students may work in the areas of TV, video, and movie production; radio and audio production; print and graphic communications; photography; digital imaging; broadcast journalism; and interactive new media. Students will also expand their awareness of environmental and societal issues related to communications technology and will investigate career opportunities and challenges in a rapidly changing technological environment.
UNIT ONEThe 12 Principles of Animation
- In this unit, students will focus on the 12 principals of animation to gain an understanding of how they apply to their work. This in-depth review will significantly enhance the production quality of students’ animations.
UNIT TWOWalks and Runs
- In this unit, students will focus on the walk and run cycles which are key components of any animated sequence.
UNIT THREEFacial Design and Expressions
- In this unit, students will focus on facial design and expression in order to bring out the personality of their animated character.
UNIT FOURLip Syncing and Foley Work
- In this unit, students will gain an understanding of how to integrate dialogue using lip-synching and also how to enhance animated scenes with foley sound effects.
UNIT FIVEBackground Styling
- In this unit, students will gain an understanding of how to design effective backgrounds that form the stage that their characters are acting within.
- This project is the final evaluation of TGI4M online. This project will challenge students to use the knowledge and skills gained throughout this course and is worth 30% of the final grade.