TGI4M Interactive New Media and Animation – Grade 12 (University/College)
PREREQUISITE: Communications Technology, Grade 11, University/College Preparation
GRADE: 12 (University/College)
AVAILABILITY: Blyth Academy Online
THE ONTARIO CURRICULUM: Technological Education
UNIT ONEThe 12 Principles of Animation
- In this unit, students will focus on the 12 principals of animation to gain an understanding of how they apply to their work. This in-depth review will significantly enhance the production quality of students’ animations.
UNIT TWOWalks and Runs
- In this unit, students will focus on the walk and run cycles which are key components of any animated sequence.
UNIT THREEFacial Design and Expressions
- In this unit, students will focus on facial design and expression in order to bring out the personality of their animated character.
UNIT FOURLip Syncing and Foley Work
- In this unit, students will gain an understanding of how to integrate dialogue using lip-synching and also how to enhance animated scenes with foley sound effects.
UNIT FIVEBackground Styling
- In this unit, students will gain an understanding of how to design effective backgrounds that form the stage that their characters are acting within.
- This project is the final evaluation of TGI4M online. This project will challenge students to use the knowledge and skills gained throughout this course and is worth 30% of the final grade.