Blyth Academy Burlington Athletics
Hockey, Figure Skating, Soccer, Baseball, Tennis and more!
Full-time students at Blyth Academy Burlington have the ability to take part in several athletic training programs while taking advantage of our flexible school schedule. In partnership with the Wave Sports Academy, students in Grades 5 to 12 have the opportunity to participate in an Advanced Hockey Program, try out for the Prep Hockey Program, or select a custom training option based on their sport of choice.
The Wave Sports facilities include an indoor ice rink, 2 indoor soccer and lacrosse fields, an indoor baseball training facility, and 3 fully equipped weight rooms.
Our partner, Wave Sports Academy (formerly Conacher Athletics), is an elite sports training company dedicated to excellence and to the development of self-confident individuals of exemplary character and skill. Wave Sports Academy aims to create a learning environment that is challenging, diverse and supportive, where talented, dedicated instructors, coaches, and students interact in an atmosphere of mutual respect and trust. Athletes are prepared for future athletic endeavors in a manner that enables them to discover both the joy of learning and the importance of training and commitment.
ATHLETIC DELIVERY MODEL
- Students participate in sport-specific training 5 days a week
- Additional fitness and dry land training sessions to complement sport-specific training through Twist Sport Conditioning.
- Professional instruction by experienced trainers and coaches
- Students receive assessment and evaluations to track their progress
- Every athlete receives consultation about the NCAA and its student athlete process
To learn more about how flexible academic scheduling can take your sports training to the next level, email Michael Vlajkov, Recruiter and Athletic Program Director at email@example.com or contact the campus at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-637-0346.
With access to top athletic facilities in the GTA, Blyth Academy Burlington campus is designed to accommodate all types of athletes.
In partnership with Conacher Athletics, student-athletes receive the best academic opportunities and access to an established athletic program through advanced training in the student’s chosen sport each and every day, in combination with Blyth Academy’s focus on university preparation and academic success.
We provide 5 days a week of training in ice and field sports, as well as fitness. Gym time and conditioning are part of the program.
• Figure Skating
Our aim is to provide players with soccer training experiences comparable to those in leading soccer nations. We achieve this by providing a positive educational and training environment where young players follow a proven and progressive coaching curriculum.
We take pride in teaching players the fundamentals of baseball to allow you to succeed on the field. By providing a clear goal at the beginning of each training session your instructor will help you maintain your focus, develop strong work habits and work to become a smart player, while also having fun. These elements are a proven combination of success on and off of the field.
You will be training in the best baseball training facility in the Golden Horseshoe. With over 9,500 sq. feet, two hitting tunnels, multiple hitting stations, two indoor mounds, all the training equipment you will require, and enough room for an entire infield.
Train with a personal trainer on a daily basis, train for your health and individual fitness. Create a program that meets your training needs with the Athletic Director.
PROVIDING A BALANCE BETWEEN ATHLETICS AND ACADEMICS
The benefits of participating in the Sports program during the school day is that it allows the students the time to focus on their academics and balance the time spent between home, school, and the community.
Our aim is to create a challenging and supportive learning environment where instructors, coaches and students work together with the goal of achieving academic and athletic excellence.
BURLINGTON ADVANCED SPORTS TRAINING PROGRAM
Conacher Athletics aims to create a learning environment that is challenging, diverse and supportive, where talented, dedicated instructors, coaches, and students are encouraged to interact in an atmosphere of mutual respect and trust. Athletes are prepared for future athletic endeavors in a manner that enables them to discover both the joys of learning and the importance of training and commitment.
Coaches at Conacher seek to discover and nurture the special gifts that each athlete possesses, help athletes to deepen an understanding of the complexities of their sport, and to inspire each to realize his or her full potential.
An objective of the Blyth Academy Advanced Sports Training Program is to provide a first-class education that meets the diverse needs of our students, including student-athletes whose focus is academics but who want to participate in a sports program that allows them to train with professional coaches and improve their skills as part of their academic programming.
As with all Blyth Academy programming, this program is centred on giving our students the opportunity for experiential learning that is geared toward their individual interests.
The benefit of participating in the Advanced Sports Training Program is that it allows the students the time to focus on their academics and balance the time spent between home, school and the community.
ATHLETIC DELIVERY MODEL
- Students participate in Sport specific training 5 days a week, as well as participate in fitness and dry land training
- Students are assessed and receive evaluations to track their progress
- Professional instruction by experienced trainers and coaches.
- Twist Sport Conditioning training program is delivered every school day. The Twist Sport Conditioning program is one that is focused on training the secondary fitness characteristics such as strength, speed, agility, balance etc. which are ultimately the deciding factors to an athlete’s increased performance.
- Students have flexibility to train privately, semi-privately or in small groups, full-year or per term also available.
- Every athlete receives consultation about the NCAA and its student athlete process.
- Four term approach
- Enriched curriculum
- Inspired teachers
- Strong guidance support
- Every student has a front row seat!
- Teachers have more time to monitor each student’s performance and provide specific feedback and coaching
- Accommodation of individual learning styles is our best practice
- Individual recognition leads to increased self esteem
STUDENTS ENGAGED IN LEARNING
- Experiential curriculum invokes a high level of interest
- Interdisciplinary learning becomes a reality
- Enables a high level of interaction among peers
- Life skills are intrinsically connected to day to day learning
STRONG GUIDANCE SUPPORT
- Close and regular contact with Guidance heads
- Course Selection: Based on individual aspirations and potential
- Ongoing support: Regular workshops on study skills, exam preparation, career days
- University Selection: Evaluation and short listing, application preparation, scholarship solicitation, volunteer opportunities and ongoing mentoring