Blyth Academy Online (BAO) is hiring a talented individual to fulfill the role of Guidance Counsellor, based in London, ON. Reporting to the Principal, BAO, the Guidance Counsellor is an integral part of the team and provides support for students to achieve personal growth and academic success.
About Blyth Academy Online
Blyth Academy Online is an academically respected private online high school offering more than 100 affordable online courses. Our comprehensive Ontario curriculum and engaging content, combined with our empathetic teaching and guidance staff ensure that our student success rate is unsurpassed; 95% of our online students succeed with Blyth Academy Online.
Students can sign up and start anytime throughout the year. Students can also complete their assignments, access their account, and produce work any time of day or night, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, every day of the year. You set your own work schedule.
By partnering Blyth Academy’s brick-and-mortar campuses and 40-year history of academic excellence with an online high school learning platform and exciting course development, we challenge the current definition of online learning in Ontario.
About the Role
- Provide counsel and support to students for academic and non-academic areas; including course selection, post-secondary goals, post-secondary applications, well-being, and personal issues.
- Manage OUAC and OCAS account, registration and communication
- Develop, implement and review Student Support Plans and provide support to students and teachers
- Maintain and ensure the accuracy of the Ontario Student Record (OSR) in accordance with the Ministry of Education guidelines.
- Undertake administrative tasks related to student report cards, transcripts, diplomas, and other required administrative tasks as required.
- Assist with student admissions, interviews and follow-up as needed.
- Address prospective student inquiries; and assist with student admissions, interviews and follow-up.
- Assist with troubleshooting technical issues
- Other duties as required
- Experience with Student Information Systems
- Experience using Learning Management Systems
- Strong understanding of the Ontario Secondary School curriculum
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Diplomatic, resilient, and adaptable to shifting priorities
- Highly organized and efficient and to manage multiple tasks in a timely manner
- Flexibility, resourceful and proactive
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Interested candidates are asked to submit their application online.
Blyth Academy is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request by candidates in all aspects of the hiring process.
All teachers/educators of Blyth Academy must be able to provide a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening Report.
For further information or assistance please contact: email@example.com