Blyth Academy is hiring committed and engaging teachers to teach the Ontario Secondary School Curriculum in both our Private (1 student) and Semi-Private (2-3 students) programs.
While the majority of our teachers have OCT certification, we welcome individuals from all sectors and professional backgrounds to apply.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Provide individual instruction to student(s) at the campus
- Responsible for all aspects of curriculum delivery, assessment, communication with student and parent(s)
- Courses may be coordinated with the student during the day, evenings, and/or weekends
- Completion of the course between 1-6 months, based on the frequency of instruction and schedule
- Autonomy for your individual teaching structure and style
- Support from private course coordinator, campus administrator, and other teachers
- Opportunity to teach in Part-time (evenings/weekends), Full-time (day-time), and/or Summer School programs
- Empathetic and dedicated to students’ learning, growth and development
- Ability to engage, challenge and maintain students’ attention
- Actively fosters a positive learning environment and rapport with student(s)
- Openness to differentiated learning approaches
- Demonstrated accountability and integrity
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Interested candidates are asked to submit their application online.
Blyth Academy is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request by candidates in all aspects of the hiring process.
All teachers/educators of Blyth Academy must be able to provide a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check.
For further information or assistance please contact: email@example.com