Do you love to teach? Do you love to Travel? Blyth Academy Global High School is seeking teachers for grades 11 and 12 on our Global High School for the 2018/2019 school year. We offer a broad range of subjects, including English, Mathematics, Science and Social Science. Teachers can travel with the program for an 8-week term or a 16 week semester, depending on course offerings.
If you feel you have the qualifications we require and would like to be a part of a dynamic and progressive experience in high school education, we invite you to apply. This is a travel program; therefore, teachers will be away from home for 8 – 16 weeks. Selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Teach selected Ontario Secondary School curriculum courses in an international setting
- Ensure students are provided with appropriate materials to prepare for courses
- Ensure excellent, hands-on, experiential education
- Provide students with various evaluation opportunities for success
- Support and assist the regular routines of the program including supervision of students in a residential setting
- Maintain communication with students, parents, and program coordinators as required
- Ontario College of Teachers (or equivalent) certification
- Outstanding expertise in specified subject area(s)
- Innovative curriculum delivery
- Ability to provide effective experiential learning
- Experience working with students in small classes would be an asset
- Evidence of cooperative initiatives
- Commitment to offer and maintain flexibility with scheduling
- Strong error-free English for verbal and written communication
Interested candidates are asked to send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and note “Global High School Teacher” in the subject line. Please be advised that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This is an ideal position for retired teachers as this opportunity does not affect any pension scheme.
Blyth Education welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.