Halfway Through Term Four
Dear Students, Parents & Guardians,
I know that it’s hard to believe, but this week we have reached the midterm point of our Term Four courses! Congratulations to our students for their continued investment in their studies to finish off the year strong, and a massive thank you to our faculty who prove day after day how much they care about the success of our students, finding new and unique ways to engage them in our virtual classes. We had a great turnout for our virtual parent-teacher conferences this week. So many of you booked in simply to tell our teachers how appreciative you are of their efforts and thank them. It really bolstered the team, and for that, I thank you, parents!
Our Student Council is wrapping up for the year, and as we did last year, we will be holding elections for the President and Vice President positions in June. Holding year-end elections allows us to collaborate with the incoming execs to plan for orientation and the year ahead. As such, if you are interested in running for either of these positions, please email Mrs. Pace. More information to follow on campaign and polling formats in the weeks ahead!
For those who have been asking, we will be allowing students/parents the opportunity to come to the school, by appointment, over several days in June, in order to pick up items from lockers. If you/your child has items they wish to retrieve, please email me directly to book a date and time to do so.
A reminder that our food drive is in full gear. Ms. Brissett’s class thinks they’re in the lead! The contest runs until June 19. Details again for you below!
- Gather non-perishable items for donation and take a photo of yourself with your haul.
- Send the photo to your period 1 teacher over Edsby or email.
- Take your donations to a donation centre of your choice. We’ve put together a list of possible locations in our area for you below, but any donation centre will do!
- Parkdale Foodbank (High Park area)
- Toronto Fire Stations 425, 422, 431, or any one near you
- Daily Bread Foodbank (Islington & Bloor area)
- The Mississauga Foodbank (near Cloverdale Mall)
Finally, a couple of reminders:
- Next Wednesday, June 3 is a PD Day so there will not be any classes.
- Our registration deadline is Monday, June 1, so if you are planning to re-register and have not yet done so, please make sure you register online by Sunday at midnight.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend, Blyth ET!