Blyth Academy’s 2021-2022 scholarship program is a flexible monetary award, aiming to celebrate and reward student academic achievement and commitment to school life. Scholarships are available for students applying to full-year studies at any of our campuses, including Orbit.
Blyth Academy invites applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to equity and diversity in our schools and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to self-identify on the application form.
Scholarship Application Deadlines for 2021-2022:
January 15, 2020 (early) and March 15, 2021
Community Impact: recognizes students who demonstrate a genuine interest in the well-being of individuals in their community and are making a positive impact with their actions.
Environmental Impact: recognizes students who are working to make the world a cleaner, healthier, and more sustainable place.
Academic Impact: recognizes students who have excelled in their studies to date and have also supported their peers in doing so.
Athletic Impact: recognizes students who have demonstrated passion for and success in an athletic pursuit.
StudyInsured™ Global Impact: in partnership with StudyInsured™, recognizes an international student who demonstrates strong academic potential and curiosity about the world around them.
Equity-based awards are need–based scholarships that serve to make the Blyth Academy education and experience accessible to students who would otherwise not be able to afford it. Five awards are available, with amounts ranging from 25-100% of tuition. Students who receive an equity-based award are required to pay the one-time application fee ($795), and the yearly activity fee ($500 – $1500). Equity-based awards are recurring for the duration of the student’s full-time campus studies at Blyth Academy, as long as the recipient:
- Actively participates in student life, including leadership in at least one club or team
- Exudes a positive attitude
- Demonstrates strong effort towards studies and activities
- Successfully completes all academic courses
- Has exemplary attendance
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PROCESS
In order to be eligible for a scholarship, students must complete the Scholarship Application and submit it to email@example.com within one week of submitting their academic application. Scholarships are limited and competitive; therefore, students are encouraged to apply early.
We collate scholarship applications around two deadlines each year, and priority will be given to students who apply before the deadline. All scholarship decisions will be communicated within two weeks of the deadlines. If scholarship funds remain after the March 15, 2021 deadline, they will be awarded on a rolling basis.
- Submit a completed academic application to Blyth Academy for full-year studies and be deemed a good fit by the Principal of the campus you are applying to.
- Submit a completed Scholarship Application and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org within one week of submitting your academic application.
- Scholarship decisions will be communicated via email within two weeks of the scholarship application deadline.
- If a scholarship is granted, the award must be accepted in writing by a parent/guardian by the deadline provided.
- The scholarship amount will reduce the total tuition amount owing.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR AN EQUITY-BASED AWARD, ALSO INCLUDE:
- Letter of financial need: a personal letter from a parent/guardian outlining your financial need.
- T4 or equivalent tax assessment: most recent statements of remuneration for all custodial parents or legal guardian(s).
- Scholarships will be awarded until all funds are allocated or the deadline passes, whichever comes last
- Blyth Academy Terms and Conditions apply to all applications
- Scholarships cannot be awarded in cash
- Scholarships are non-transferrable to another student
- Scholarships cannot be deferred
Blyth Academy Terms and Conditions apply to all applications, except Equity-based awards:
- For Equity-based applicants, Terms and Conditions apply upon acceptance of scholarship. If an Equity-based application is denied, student are eligible for refund.